Tuesday, May 30, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




Volume 6 ... #12 
We Shine As Light In The Midst Of A Perverse Nation



The apostle Paul said ...

Phil. 2 ... 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.



*****


Perverse:  the alteration of something from its original meaning to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended ...turned away from what is right ... 

Speaking the truth in love ... desire for the person to be helped and saved from the destructions.

II Timothy 4 ...  2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.


*****

Be instant:  Do not plan ahead what you will say to another person. 

Instead put your trust in God and follow HIS Spirit when you converse with another.  When the subject arises, then speak the truth about that subject.  This is the will of God and the exact subject needed.  Just go through the doors that are opened.

Speak with a pure heart ... no bones to pick!

(Eliminate past griefs by going to God before you meet with the person, forgiving that person, and asking God to give you a good heart toward that person.)

Keep your heart pure, not trying to do anything to the other person to set that person straight in your way of thinking.  

God knows what is needed.  

As the opening is there, then speak truth from God on the subject at hand. 


*****

September 2016:  I was in furniture store where I was selecting chairs to replace worn out chairs.  I was walking about store, looking at various items when a sales person began speaking to me.  I don't know exactly how this happened but somehow she began speaking to me about way of living.  I told her one thing I am very careful to do is not to allow my wrath to continue past sundown.  I turn to God when I am angry and ask HIM to please help the situation be settled before dark.  And God always makes that happen.

(light in the midst of a perverse and crooked nation)

The saleswoman stopped dead in her tracks.  Then she reached out and took the arm of another customer and pulled her toward us and said, "Listen to this ... listen to what she says ..." 

I repeated the truth from the Bible again.