Saturday, January 14, 2017

Visible help after calling on God

Barbara Preston ...member of body of Christ

In a conversation I had with my son a while back, he said a couple of negative things about the city in which he and my daughter live.

I had 4 dreams some years ago which I think are showing me that we will move from the house we now live in to another area sometime in the future.  It would not surprise me if we move much closer to them than we are now and I had a dream a while back which I think is showing me this.

But after our conversation I found I was troubled by what he had said ... thoughts came that if we move to the same area that we would not like it there.

I took this concern to God and was immediately reminded of the following...
Isa. 55 12 ... For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace:

This was very comforting to me to be reminded of this. 

And I am reminded also that Bible tell us that God chooses the exact places where we will live while we are on this earth...
From one man He (God) made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. Act 17 26 (NIV- Original Translation)

It will all work out according to God's plan and it will be perfect because it will be His plan and not "our" plan.

God puts us exactly where He wants us to be. (God also selects the exact time when we live there / month-year-day)  That is where each of us is right now.  And no matter where He puts us, He will provide for our needs.  He is the only One who knows what we will need both this day and each day until we leave this earth.  The only One.

Most of us can probably see that some of our needs are changing as we age.  God knows the changes that we face and will face in the future.

As I have gotten older arthritis has developed in my knees.  Some days I don't notice it much but there can be long stretches of time where it is very painful and makes things I used to do much trickier for me.

In our bathroom we have a tub that has a picture window behind it.  I used to have to step into the tub twice a day to raise and lower the shade that is on that window.  But, as my arthritis became worse, I found myself dreading to do this, concerned that I would twist my knee or lose my balance.  My husband was willing to help with this but he was frequently unavailable.

I talked to God about how to handle this and was reminded of shades which have a remote control where you can just point the control at the window, press the button to raise or lower the shade and it does it automatically.

This is wonderful and has been so helpful for me.

God supplies all of our needs and even above our needs ... giving us things we enjoy using and looking at.
Eph. 3:20 ...  Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think,

After God showed me the way to go on the bathroom window shade, I called a local business and talked with a young man who came out to the house to do the measurement and show us samples of available shades and colors.  From the time I first talked to him on the phone, I had a very good feeling about him and the quality of work he would do.

I had thought a number of times in the past about putting new shades on the bedroom windows as the ones in there let in a little too much light. But had always thought it would be so much trouble to do this that I would just let it go.

But when this young man came to measure the bathroom window, I found myself asking him if he could help us with changing out the bedroom shades also (I had not planned on doing this).  He said it would be no problem and so we ended up doing that also.

I am really grateful that God made all of this so easy to do and grateful that He put me in touch with this young man who was so helpful and professional.