Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Exhortations For The Church: Vol. 2


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 2 ... #22
Angry?  Taking swift action


Eph. 4:26-27 ... Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:  27 Neither give place to the devil.

I am very careful to abide by this scripture.

When I am angry, I am very quick to get very still and pray ... asking God to settle this matter and to free me from my feeling of anger "before sundown".

God always answers my prayer and settles me one way or another.

If I carry anger over without settling it before God, I risk giving place for the devil to operate in my life and in the lives of those around me.

In the OT we read about "making your children to walk through the fire" ... I think we do this when we show our anger to our household, causing them to take on our grievance, thus making them to walk through the fire of our anger.

Gal. 5 ...  19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance (quarreling debating arguing), emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The "old man" (before we were born again) lived in these sins of the flesh, allowing our flesh (emotions) to rule in our relationships.

When we are born again, the power of the flesh is "crucified with Christ" and a new creature appears in the spirit having power to put down our own flesh and power to choose to allow the Spirit of God that is in us to reign, keeping our flesh dead, crucified with Christ so God can reign and so we can now serve God.

We do this through prayer, committing ourselves to God in prayer, asking God for wisdom as we are going through the temptation of the flesh.

The apostle James says ...

James 1:5 ... If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Turn to God immediately when you are angry.  Ask God for help.  Allow God to work with you.  And settle it before dark.