Wednesday, January 25, 2017

God leads us according to HIS purpose and for our good

Pam Padgett ... member of the body of Christ

Last month my mom told me that she didn't think my dad would live much longer.  He had grown very weak, was having a very hard time breathing, and was sleeping most of the time.  Mom thought my dad might be helped if I would come see him.  (Both of my sisters also called me and obviously thought I should go see my dad.)

But I felt such a heaviness at the thought of going there.  And when I prayed, I heard that I had already said everything I'd been given.  I was also reminded of ... But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. (Matthew 8:22).    

I didn't go to Oklahoma (where my parents live), but of course have prayed that God would have mercy on my parents and save them as He had mercy on me, and also that HE would provide what they need.

The next time I spoke with my mom a week or so later she said my dad was a little better and they were arranging for home health care.  A few days ago my mom told me that my dad has gotten a little stronger, is breathing better, and is getting around in the house a little.

And they have had the help they need.  The home health has been a big help, and one of my cousins went there to help for a week when they needed extra help (it doesn't sound like this is needed now.)

I have no doubt that if God chooses to reveal Himself to my parents, HE can and will do so.  And I am grateful for the way HE has chosen to provide what they need, as well as for leading me in the way I am to go.

Other people may think they know what we should do.  But what others think or our own thinking can lead us to do unnecessary and often hard things, and things that would pull us off from what we should be doing.   

God leads us according to HIS purpose and for our good, what is really best in the situation. 

As I think of this I am filled with gratitude toward God.