Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Exhortations For The Church: Vol. 2


Amazon.com
Paperback & e-Book



Vol. 2 ... #16
Jesus says ...


If any man thirst, let him come unto ME (the Word), and drink.  Jn. 7:37

As we see the evil around us increasing, we know "the Day of the Lord" is closer.

And as we see that day approaching, the Bible tells us to exhort one another even more.   (Heb. 10)

It is so important for us to have a daily way of life where we do "spiritual exercises" ... daily routine of reading Bible, reading blog, reading spiritual exhortations and spiritual books.

If we have days where we do not want to read Bible, we are growing spiritually lazy and fat.  This is when we must put aside our fleshly emotions and pick up Bible and read, making us force our minds to focus on one line of scripture at a time ... one foot forward, then another.

If we pray asking God to help us in these weak times, I believe God will help us.

When I am this way and force myself to read Bible, invariably God will get my attention with some verse ... and when I read that verse and really think on that verse, applying it to my life, I usually find I want to read more Bible that day. 

Paul told Timothy to exercise himself unto godliness ... 

I Tim. 4:8 ... For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come