Monday, January 2, 2017

Psalm 56 ... Viewing the works of God through scripture

1 Be merciful unto me, O God:for man would swallow me up;
he fighting daily oppresseth me.
 

2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up:
for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.
 

3 What time I am afraid,
I will trust in Thee.
4 In God I will praise HIS word,
in God I have put my trust; I will not fear
what flesh can do unto me.

 

5 Every day they wrest my words:
all their thoughts are against me for evil.
6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves,
they mark my steps,
when they wait for my soul.
 

7 Shall they escape by iniquity?
in thine anger cast down the people, O God.
 

8 Thou tellest my wanderings:
put thou my tears into thy bottle:
are they not in thy book?
 

9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back:
this I know; for God is for me.
10 In God will I praise His word:
in the Lord will I praise His word.

 

11 In God have I put my trust:I will not be afraid
what man can do unto me.
 

12 Thy vows are upon me, O God:
I will render praises unto Thee.
 

13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death:wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling,
that I may walk before God in the light of the living?