Wednesday, October 23, 2019

* The Word revealed to us by God.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

To each of us who belong to God, HE reveals HIS Word to us.

We will be reading the Bible and a scripture, or a portion of scripture will stand out to us and we find we do not want to read on past that scripture.  That is God revealing that part of that scripture to us.

Recently the following stood out to me.

James 1:17   Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

God will not waver as man does.  There won't even be a shadow of turning with God.  That which HE sets up for us will be done.  We can rest in peace over that issue.


***

God also reveals to us a specific word according to HIS will by simply bringing that word to our mind.

On December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance people were rolling me past my front door, taking me to hospital, I had these words brought to my mind:  "You'll never see this house again."

I knew that word was from God and thereby I knew that is what would happen.  Even from the hospital, I arranged to have my house put up for sale.  At the time I did this, I didn't know where I would go, but I knew I would not be returning to "that" house again, because God had given me the word concerning this matter.

***

One of the works done by the Holy Spirit is to show us things to come.

John 16:13  Jesus says:    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I have had the Holy Spirit show me things to come many times.

Sometimes "a fact", "a truth", will come into my mind, just as was the case with the word that I would never see "this house again."


***

Sometimes God will give me a vision showing me that which is to come.  

In the hospital, I saw a woman from our church group standing at the foot of my hospital bed.  She looked directly at me, then she turned her back toward me and she walked through the wall and disappeared.  

This is what this woman did about 2 weeks later.  

She came to my hospital room and then "disappeared" not to be seen again, after she told me she no longer cared about anything any more.  

I tried to reason with her but she said she didn't want to talk to me anymore about "that", about spiritual things.  

A nurse came into the room and I asked this woman to wait, but while the nurse was attending to me, this woman snuck out of my room, disappearing.

I was not surprised nor dismayed at that which this woman did for God had already shown me this woman would disappear from me.


***

Other times, God will give me a dream to show me that which is to come.  

In a dream, I was shown I couldn't go through my cousin's house.  After my mother died, my cousin wanted me to move to the city where she lived.  I knew, because of that information that came through that dream, that I couldn't do that.


***

When God reveals a truth to us, we simply live by that truth.

Genesis 12:1-4  Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:  And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:  And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him.

Abraham just did that word, heeding that instruction to depart, though he didn't know where he was going.  He just left as the Lord had told him to leave.


***

I had no problem at all with that word that I would never see my house in Texas again, because I was sure it was a word from God.

Since I would not be seeing that house again,  I listed the house "for sale" with a realtor.

I didn't hesitate or wait.  I just did it because I believed it to be from God. 

I didn't know where I would be going but I was sure God would work it out, and HE did.

This is the essence of faith in God ... We hear a word from God, and we believe that Word,  and because we believe that Word, we take action appropriate to that word.


*****