Tuesday, October 22, 2019

* Knowing my weakness helped me in prayer.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I lived in Texas where it was mostly warm to hot weather, I had to restrain myself when the winter clothing catalogues came, for I knew we had very few weeks of colder weather.  I was always greatly attracted to winter clothing.

But then I moved to Colorado where there are more months of cold weather than of warm weather.

I was delighted, for then I would be able to order those desirable winter clothing items!

But when the time came to order clothing, I realized this weakness I have toward wanting to buy winter clothing.

I began praying:  "God ... please help me not to buy more than I actually need!"

(Having more than we actually need can end up being a burden to us.)

After prayer, I realized I needed much less than I thought.
  

***

During the fall of 2019, they began advertising a selected number of football games that were being televised in 4K.  My flesh began to get stirred up.  All I would have to do to receive this is to make one change in my current system.

* But what if I liked the 4K a lot more than HD?  Only one game per Sunday was 4K.  All the other games were HD.  Would this cause me to be discontent?  The reception I currently have is a good picture.  Do I really want to do this?

I went to Internet to read about the TV productions and found the subject to be so complex I couldn't understand all the options.

When something is complex I have found it is usually not the best way to go.  (God's ways are often simple.)  So I backed off.

After making my decision, I heard this scripture:  "Be content with such things as ye have."  Hebrews 13:5

***

Also it is so helpful to know characteristics of the wisdom that is from God.

James 3:17  The wisdom that is from above is:

- pure, peaceable, gentle, easy to be intreated
- full of mercy and good works
- without partiality
- without hypocrisy (without pretense, honest)


***

God helps us so much when we turn to HIM and pray rather than trying to figure things our by our own reasoning.


*****