Friday, October 18, 2019

The seed of the promise carried through generations.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

God promised to give Abraham a great nation.  It would come through that promise from God and not by the natural man.

That promised nation came through the promised Isaac.

Later Jacob and Esau, twin boys, were born to Isaac and Rebekah.

There was a promise over these boys:

Genesis 25:19-23    And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham begat Isaac:
And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.  And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.

And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord.

And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Esau was the elder of the twins.  Jacob the younger, the one blessed by God.

Romans 9:8-13    They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth;)  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
  13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

***

We, who are of God, know we were chosen by God to receive HIS Spirit, not because of our goodness nor because of our works but simply because it was the will of God that this happen to us.

Romans 9:14-18    What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For HE saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Therefore hath HE mercy on whom HE will have mercy, and whom HE will HE hardeneth.

***

The apostle Paul is an example of one chosen by God.

In audience with king Agrippa, Paul tells this story.

Acts 25:9-19    I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.


And I said, Who art thou, Lord? 

And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.  But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;  Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me.

Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:


***

When God reveals HIMSELF to us by His Spirit, and sets us into the body of Christ by HIS Spirit, making us one with Jesus, The Word, causing us to be born again as new creatures, we are one with God and with Jesus and with HIS Spirit.

We are of the promise and not of the flesh of man, but by the will of God.

We are created according to God's own purpose and will.

Jacob was by the will of God and his twin brother Esau tried to copy Jacob but Esau was always a little off.

First Esau took as his wife one of the daughters of Canaan.

Genesis 27:46   And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?

So Isaac sent Jacob to his own people to get a wife.  

Genesis 28:8-9   And Esau seeing that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father; Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife.

Esau being of flesh, went in his fleshly thinking to the family of "Ishmael", Abraham's son of the flesh.

There is no way flesh can please the Father.

By their own thinking, many today go in the way of their own minds trying to do the works of God.

Jude vv.17-19   But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Mockers will try to copy those who are of God.

We who have the Spirit of God in us are the children of God.

Romans 8:28   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. 


*****