Monday, October 28, 2019

* Being recreated in the image of Christ.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Each time we see a scripture by the Spirit of God, and do that instruction, we are recreated by the image of Jesus, "The Word."

One day I was reading in Ephesians and the following verse stood out to me.

Ephesians 4:29   Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I began thinking of what that verse was telling me to do.

That same night, I had opportunity to "do" that verse.

I was at my neighbors' house.  As we spoke, I wanted to say, "And what do you think about the election?"  

But I remembered that verse I had been seeing that day.  

If I asked this, what would it do?  Would it edify my neighbors in things of God?  Or would it bring feelings of the flesh and stir up their flesh to evil?

I really wanted to speak this, but I was praying, asking God to help me.

Finally I got up and went home without speaking this, removing that temptation.

Every time we do the Word of God, we get stronger in God.  We put on Christ by doing the Word of God, being recreated in the image of Jesus, "The Word".



*****