Monday, October 14, 2019

* Sometimes we try to reason away facts that show us the way for us not to go


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Our little church group is composed mostly of former radio audience and these persons are scattered all over the United States.

In 2002, I moved to Lubbock, Texas.  None of our church group lived in that city.  But shortly after I moved there, one woman from our group announced to me that she had retired from her job and she planned to move where I was living, moving to Lubbock.

I'm sure to each of us in our church group this seemed wonderful.

I was growing older (although I was in good physical condition at that time). But I was totally alone, without anyone to help me.  Now there would be another person from the church to help if needed and also to enjoy in activities such as going to dinner and events, as Christians.

But from the very beginning it didn't work out.

But at first, I tried to ignore this.

The truth was this:  God did not send this woman to help me.  She sent herself.  

By the early facts, I should have known the truth.  And in fact I must have known the truth for it was so difficult having her there.

I think it is much better if we will recognize the facts and stop trying to explain the truth away.

There was always trouble when I tried to do anything with this woman.

For example:  When we tried to walk together in the mall, she complained that I walked too slowly.  When we got in car to go see fireworks, she complained immediately that it was too hot in car and she frantically began fanning herself.  When we tried to go another place in car, she immediately complained that my perfume was too strong. We even had trouble when we tried to go out and eat together, one eating very fast and the other very slowly.  Then things she did began to annoy me also.

In the flesh, we might think we just need to adjust to being around the other person.  But adjustments never solved the situation.

I began praying that this woman never be put in charge of me if I became unable to make my own decisions.  (Many times I prayed this during the next 15 years.)

I felt extreme guilt, for this woman was so nice to me and willing to help and even rushed over to help when there was a problem, but then there was even more problem when she arrived to help and I'm sure both of us were troubled by the other.

The truth we have to face is:  this was not set up by God.

Later another church woman wrote to me to tell me she was considering moving to Lubbock where I was living at that time.  But my experiences with this other woman from our group had been so negative that I discouraged the second woman from moving there.  I think her plan was also from her own flesh.  

(Both of these church women were divorced and neither had children and both were free to move about and both were willing, but with neither was it God's plan.)

Unless God has set up the plan, there will be serious trouble ahead.

By our own thinking something can seem good but it can prove itself to be not good.

Proverbs 16: 25    There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

***

If there are negative signs, pay attention.  Don't try to explain away the negative.  By that which is negative, God might be showing us not to try to do that.

God ended up straightening everything out and this first church woman made a choice to depart from me.  (We can't take on such a burden as "me" , or that older person, unless God has truly sanctioned us to do that work.)

God did have HIS plan for another church person to help me in my old age and it works great for both of us because it was authored by God.



*****

Matthew 7:21-23  Jesus says:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The works we do must be authored by God to be good works.


***

John 6:63   Jesus says:

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.


*****