Saturday, August 24, 2019

Chapter 11, Part 3: The Holy Spirit and I


New book coming in September

Dreams, Visions, Angels, and The Holy Spirit

Joan Boney


There is a danger today, 2019, which many are likely to fail to recognize until they have been greatly injured, even possibly swept away.

Paul explained:

II Timothy 3:1-8   This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

(This was going to happen in the church groups in the last days.)

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 

13-17  evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of WHOM thou hast learned; 

(It is God who has taught us by HIS Holy Spirit.) 

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:


That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 

*** 

Jesus warned us that things would get so bad even the elect would be destroyed except for the shortening of time which God will do.

Matthew 24:21-22   For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I do not believe "the great tribulation" has started yet.  But I have experienced three extremely dangerous attacks from church people during the first half of 2019.

I even felt I might be swept away.

But God saw me through the problems and kept me going in the calling given to me by HIS Spirit, The Holy Spirit who dwells in me, the Spirit of Jesus.

Each of these battles came through people who call themselves Christians.

* One attack was from my 96-year-old cousin who has attended Church of Christ group all her life.

Jesus said: the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.  And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.  John 16:2-3

They come to set us "right", to stop us from doing the work which we believe to be from God.  They come to turn us to themselves and their long time doctrines.  They come to draw us away from that which we believe God has shown us.

Another attack was from a woman in our own church group.  She thought I was "throwing rocks at her" when I brought corrections to her.  She saw these as trespasses against her and she stored them up for decades in her heart against me.  Finally they burst through her mouth against me.

It was devastating to me.  I turned to God and asked HIM to judge me.

That same night, God gave me a dream. 

I opened my front door to my house to find someone had piled bags of their garbage at my door and all the way down the front of my house. 

It took a few days to restore me and set me back on my feet, doing the work of the ministry again, but the Holy Spirit reminded me of things to reestablish me in the assignment God had given me. 

The third major battle came from a woman who said she was a Christian but she didn't come to gain truth nor to share things God had shown her, but rather her goal was to examine me and put me into a church category.

It is an impure heart that comes for a hidden purpose and secret motive ... rather than coming for a pure love of the truth of the word of God.

I Corinthians 3:1-4 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Rather than learning things of God, such people want to put us in identification slots, such as:  Baptist? Catholic?  Pentecostal? 

Their impure questions are asked for these reasons and not for learning about what God says in Bible.

They just want to know where we stand in the church spectrums.

This is perhaps the most dangerous persons of all for they divide the body of Christ with their questions and that is their purpose.

***

I can't follow God with joy and peace when I am around any of the church-type people who lie in wait as they are trying to catch me in error.

We must keep our hearts pure through prayer and forgiveness.

And when we see others who call themselves Christians and we see the impurities, to sustain joy in God again, we just come away and seek fellowship with others who are trying to follow God with pure hearts, simply rejoicing in God by HIS Spirit and by that which God chooses to show us.

***

There are many "unbelievers" in today's church groups.

Jesus told His disciples, in the last days, many would come saying "Jesus is Lord" and by that they would deceive many.

Matthew 24:3-5    And as HE (Jesus) sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto HIM privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of THY coming, and of the end of the world?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.  For many shall come in my name, saying, I
(Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.

In the last days, many will come saying, "Jesus is Lord", and because they say that, they will deceive many.

If they came to us saying they, themselves were Lord, we would not listen to them.  But because they come saying "Jesus is Lord" we will think them to be Christians and they will gain entrance to deceive many.

(I have certainly been taken in by individuals who said they were Christians only to depart when certain scriptures offended themselves.)

John says:

I John 2:18-19     Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

***


We will not save them but they can pull us away from those things God has told us if we allow them to do so.

I just can't "fellowship" in things of God with unbelievers who are inwardly trying to trap me.

Nor will I attend any church group when I think they are doing wrong against the Bible.


***

Though they say they are Christians, they do not believe the Bible when they reject portions of the Bible.

II Corinthians 6:14-18  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you.

And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.


***

Through times of peace and times of spiritual warfare, the Holy Spirit rises up in me by the will of God to bring victory through the Word of God.


Several years ago, I was given the following dream. 

There was a long row of baby bassinettes lined up in a room.  I walked down the row and began looking at the babies.  It was a terrible, shocking sight!  These babies were horribly deformed.  I got to the end of the row and there stood my favorite aunt.  She was fully grown but she had very large spots and blemishes on her face.

I knew the deformed babies were church people who never grew in things of God because they refused to take proper nourishment.  Therefore they become weak, sickly, and many die, eating only a very small portion of doctrine.  And they become very twisted in their doctrine.

My aunt had been taken into heaven as I had also been.  But before she died, she told me she knew things were wrong at the church ... but she stayed there anyway.

I could not have stayed with the wrong doers for I know it would have pulled me down too.

I once told my mother.  "You can go down, but I won't go with you."

My mother straightened up.


*****

* Click here to purchase new book on Amazon.com: Spiritual Warfare 

e-book: 99 cents
paperback:  $11.99 
(USA prices)


 *****