Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Chapter 1, Part 1: The way God Uses Dreams, Angels and Visions


New book coming in September
Chapter 1, Part 1
Dreams, Visions, Angels, and The Holy Spirit
Joan Boney


Job 33:14-18    For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;  Then HE (God) openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

That HE may withdraw man from his
(own) purpose, and hide pride from man.


HE keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

***** 

In the Bible, we see so many examples of God using dreams to guide and to protect HIS people.

God appeared to Joseph in a dream showing him not to be afraid of taking Mary to be his wife because the child conceived by Mary was of the Holy Ghost and was Jesus, the promised Messiah.

At the time God sent this dream to Joseph, he was considering putting Mary away, because Joseph knew the child was not of himself.

God is going to present Joseph with truth and change him from his plan.


*****

Matthew 1:18-25    Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for HE shall save HIS people from their sins.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:  And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.


***** 

In 1980, in the night, while I was sleeping, a very loud trumpet-like sound blew 3 words into my ear which set the direction I was to take for many years.  (I believe this was the voice of an angel carrying a message to me from God.)  

The sound in my ear was very loud.  

I heard these three words:   "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I jumped out of bed and wrote the letters KWJS on a notepad.  It seemed obvious to me these were call letters to either radio or television.

When I looked this up, I found it was radio.

I said to God, "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm a writer, not a speaker."

Immediately the following came into my mind.  "Call the radio station manager."

That morning, as soon as the station opened, I called and asked to speak to the radio station manager at KWJS.

He came on the phone immediately.

I said, "God might be showing me to go on radio.  How would you do that?"

He replied, "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our broadcasting we will offer you a contract."

I had a tape recorder at my apartment so I didn't hesitate.  That same morning, I took a kitchen timer and set it for 29 1/2 minutes and began speaking a message which I believed to be authored by God by HIS Spirit.

By the following week, I was broadcasting exhortations for the church on Mondays through Fridays on KWJS radio.

I had never heard a Christian type radio broadcast before I made this recording.  I just asked God to give me what HE wanted me to speak and I set my kitchen timer for 29 1/2 minutes, and  turned on my recorder and said ... 

"This is Dr. Joan Boney speaking ..."  

And I spoke that which the Holy Spirit brought to my mind.

One of the things the Holy Spirit does is to remind us of all Jesus has said to us, in my case, that which God wants me to speak.  It just comes into my mind, a scripture and a concept.

John 14:26    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


For the next four years I continued on radio.  

Within the first year, I was broadcasting on stations from "Hartford area to Seattle" (as I heard to do), starting with station KWJS ... thus "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" as the trumpet-like voice told me on January 10, 1982.

This is the first assignment I had in the ministry.  And I was sure that assignment was from God.


*****

The apostle Paul had the following experience which he believed was showing him what to do.

Acts 16:9-10    And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.

And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

This is an important example for us in the NT church for we see God choosing to show the apostle Paul what to do by giving him a vision in the night.


Part 2 coming tomorrow.

*****

* Click here to purchase new book on Amazon.com: Spiritual Warfare 

e-book: 99 cents
paperback:  $11.99 
(USA prices)


 *****