Friday, August 23, 2019

Chapter 11, Part 2: The Holy Spirit and I


New book coming in September

Dreams, Visions, Angels, and The Holy Spirit

Joan Boney


As a new believer in 1975, my best friend Donna, a long-time Baptist, said to me, "Joanie ... you have to start memorizing scripture."  

Then she said, "I am going to enroll you in Bible Memory Association."  

So she did.  

I had to memorize one scripture a week.  Then I had to recite that scripture by memory to my sponsor, who was Donna.  

This is one of the most difficult things I have ever tried to do.  

At that time, I had an earned doctorate.  It should have been very easy for me to do this, but it was not.  

(Fleshly ways of man are an hard yoke!) 

Donna and I knew absolutely nothing about the Holy Spirit.  

We did not know the truth, that Jesus said, the Holy Spirit would remind us of everything HE had said.   

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

When I saw this scripture, I realized the Holy Spirit would bring to my memory what Jesus has said.  All I had to do was read the Bible, do that particular verse, and it would become part of me and the Holy Spirit would bring it to my mind when I was speaking to another person as needed, and it would be effortless.

I never tried to memorize a scripture after that.  

Today I can quote probably hundreds of scriptures as they are called to my mind by the Holy Spirit, and the work is then by God by His Spirit, and not by my own flesh by my attempt to memorize and recite a scripture like a parrot.  

I actually think people do harm by quoting a scripture by their own flesh.  

We should quote scripture when the Holy Spirit calls that scripture to our memory.  

One of my church friends, had a particular scripture that she quoted over and over.  When she began to speak I began to cringe because I knew that scripture was coming.  And, sure enough, she would quote that scripture.  I actually began to dislike that scripture and it took me years to get over disliking it.  

If you try to quote scripture by your own flesh, it can cause harm to the people who hear you.

I have many scriptures that I love, but I try to control myself when speaking to another person and recite the exact scripture called to my memory.  If I do not know that scripture by memory, I will take a Bible and simply say, "Wait a minute.  I have a scripture brought to my mind."  I will look up the scripture and read that exact scripture to the person with whom I am speaking.  

It is so important to handle scripture by the Holy Spirit. 


*****

I know many are taught the once saved always saved doctrine.  But the problem is, I see Paul being afraid that he could be a castaway. 

I Corinthians 9:24-27    Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.


I also see and am reminded of, the section of scripture in Revelation 3:5, where Jesus said, He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before MY Father, and before HIS angels.

By this I see that our names could be removed from the book of life.

I also remember Jesus saying this in Matthew 24 ...  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.


Many do not endure.

I have seen preachers go in the way of personal fame and greatness and end up with nothing but vain pompous words, as they prance around on platforms before the people.  We see this almost every time we happen upon a religious type TV broadcast.  They wave their arms in the air, shout, and stir up other fleshly, emotional people, while they say nothing at all spiritual nor edifying to build up the church in the ways of God.

Jude  4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. 

(They say, "Jesus is Lord," but they deny Jesus when they cast aside portions of scripture and will not be ruled by Jesus, The Word.)

I have also seen many individuals come saying, "Jesus is Lord", while by their actions they show they are not being led by Jesus by His Spirit but rather they are led by dead doctrines of men, and they even cast aside portions of scripture to be able to do that which they want to do on this earth.  The fear of God is not in them.


Jude 12-13   These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;  Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. 

And I have seen those who had the Holy Spirit, but later did not have the Holy Spirit, for they rejected the words brought by the Holy Spirit and finally God turned them over to a reprobate mind, a mind which no longer has God's judgment.

Jude 5  I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, HE hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.  7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.


Therefore some religious people are like the Pharisees and the Sadducees, not born again by the Spirit of God, but they are religious by the teaching of humans.

Others were once born again but fell away and then were turned over by God to a reprobate mind.

Many insist in continuing with church groups where portions of scripture have been removed.  They fail to have a love of the truth that they may be saved.  They are described in the following:

II Thessalonians 2:10-12    And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

They love the church group more than they love the Word of God, so even knowing the scriptures have been removed, in part, they continue in that church group.  

This is a critical point for each of us.  I first faced it as a new Christian in 1975.

My best friend, at the time I was born again, told me I had to go to church.

So I began going to the church group she and her husband attended.

(This was a church very similar to Church of Christ & Baptist in doctrine.)

The preacher, a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary, was teaching a series of subjects concerning speaking in tongues.  He was teaching tongues to be of the devil.

One day, I was reading the Bible and came across the following scripture.

I Corinthians 14:39   Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

I told Donna I had found this in the Bible and I showed this to her.

I told her I was not going to that church group anymore because they were teaching opposite to that which was in the Bible.

She said she wasn't going there either.

So we both went to another church group.  They also were teaching things that were not in the Bible, so I had to leave again.

I did this many times in hunting a church to attend over the next 30+ years.

I was very grieved and sad but I always left when they were teaching something that was opposite from Bible.

In approximately 2016, God showed me that which I had been seeing in the various church groups.

It was that which the apostle Paul told us would happen in the churches in the last days before Jesus returned:

II Thessalonians 2:3-4   Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 

* Churches would fall away from scripture

* This falling away from scripture allowed antichrist, a spirit, to enter the church group and take over, presenting that which is opposite from instructions of Bible

* The apostasy would come through the churches 

II Thessalonians 2:6-7 NASB     And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. 

(Jesus, the Word of God, the Holy Scriptures, kept antichrist back until the churches fell away from portions of scripture thus allowing lawlessness into the church group.)

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only HE (Jesus, the Word, the Holy Scriptures) who now restrains will do so until HE is taken out of the way.

***

Paul said men were just waiting until he left so they could take over the church and bring perversions into the church.

Paul warned them as follows:

Acts 20:26-30  Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which HE hath purchased with HIS own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.


Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.


***

Scriptures such as the following were removed from the church groups:

Matthew 5:32  But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

- The man who divorces a faithful wife will be the "cause" of her adultery if she remarries.

- The woman will commit adultery if she remarries after she is divorced.

- The man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.


I Corinthians 7:10-11  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Mark 10:2-12  And the Pharisees came to Him, and asked Him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting Him. 

And HE (Jesus) answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? 

And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 

And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 

And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 

***

And in the house His disciples asked Him again of the same matter. 

And HE saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 

And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

(I have never heard any of the above scriptures taught at any church group that I have attended.  People in those church groups are allowed to divorce and remarry at will.  

Some who are elders in the church group have divorced and are remarried.  Some who are elders aren't even married, violating other scripture such as,

Titus 1:5-9    For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:  If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.   For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; 

And some of you who read this are sitting in church groups where all manner of divorce and remarriage is sanctioned in that church group!)

To summarize the subject of divorce and remarriage:

*  If a man divorces "a faithful wife" and that faithful wife remarries, she commits adultery but her husband who divorced her will be the cause of her adultery.  Matthew 5:32

* The man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.  Matthew 5:32

* If the woman leaves her husband, she must remain unmarried or return to her husband.  I Corinthians 7:10-11

*  A man who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery.  Mark 10:11

* A woman who divorces her husband and marries another commits adultery.  Mark 10:12

These doctrines of Christ have been changed in today's church groups.

This is the apostasy in the church, the falling away, the rise of antichrist in the church.

Antichirst is not one man but is a spirit in many men.  The apostle John in his day said there were already many antichrists.

I John 2:18   Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

***

In 1979, God gave me the following terrifying dream to show antichrist in the churches.

Destruction was everywhere.

I went into a room where a man was speaking with a group of people.

I sat down and began to listen to that which this man was speaking.

Another man rushed into the room and said:  "Stop ... wait ... can't you see?  It's too late.  It's already begun."

I looked out the window to see what had already begun.

What I saw was very disturbing and shocking.

There was a tall pole with a yellow civil defense type warning-speaker on top of the pole.  A gas was coming out of the speaker.  The gas was poisonous and would kill the people.  The gas was coming directly toward those of us in that room where the man was speaking!

I looked at the man who was sitting next to me.  He had a big smile on his face and he was looking directly at the man who was speaking.  But then I saw.  This man looked alive but he was a corpse.  He was already dead from the gas.

I looked at the other who were in the room and saw they, too, were already dead.

And as I sat there among them, I began to feel sleepy.  I knew that gas was killing me too as I sat among these dead people.

These were church groups who had been gassed to death by the doctrines coming from their speakers.

***

We must love the word of God more than we love going to the church group where the portions of scripture are cast aside.

I had to come out of these church groups where scripture was violated in the church group.


*****

* Click here to purchase new book on Amazon.com: Spiritual Warfare 

e-book: 99 cents
paperback:  $11.99 
(USA prices)


 *****