Wednesday, August 21, 2019

.

Hymn:  There is a fountain filled with blood



(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1  There is a fountain filled with blood
Drawn from Immanuel’s veins;
And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,
Lose all their guilty stains:

Lose all their guilty stains, (O Lord)
Lose all their guilty stains;

And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,
Lose all their guilty stains.

2   The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in his day;
And there may I, though vile as he,
Wash all my sins away:

Wash all my sins away, (O Lord)
Wash all my sins away;

And there may I, though vile as he,
Wash all my sins away.

3   Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its power,
Till all the ransomed ones of God
Be saved, to sin no more:

Be saved, to sin no more, (O Lord)
Be saved, to sin no more;

Till all the ransomed ones of God,
Be saved to sin no more.

4   E’er since by faith I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be till I die:

And shall be till I die, (O Lord)
And shall be till I die;

Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be till I die.

5   When this poor lisping, stammering tongue
Lies silent in the grave,
Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I’ll sing Thy power to save:

I’ll sing Thy power to save, (O Lord)
I’ll sing Thy power to save;

Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I’ll sing Thy power to save.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****

Scripture pertaining to this hymn:

Hebrews 9:22   without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins. 

Blood has to be shed to pay for our sins.

Did you shed your own blood for your sins?  I didn't.

Jesus did shed HIS blood for our sins.

And only Jesus is worthy.

Revelation 5:1-10   And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

And HE came and took the book out of the right hand of HIM that sat upon the throne.

And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.


And they sung a new song, saying, THOU art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for THOU wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by THY blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.   

And we do reign on the earth now, through Jesus, The Word, given us by The Holy Spirit who lives in us, the believers. 

***

v.1   Lose all their guilty stains;

Even after we are born again, memories come to us to make us sad as we remember past sins and wish we had done better.  I've found if I just make myself think on the payment made by Jesus' blood for my sins, those bad memories vanish as I think on the way Jesus purchased me.  And when I make myself think on the following scripture I am helped greatly.

I John 1:7     But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We walk in the light of the Word which is given us by the Holy Spirit and when we do that Word we are recreated in the image of Jesus, The Word.  Over and over as we choose to go in the way of the Holy Spirit we are recreated into the image of Jesus.

It is a choice made by us for the flesh and devils never go away so we are constantly confronted with choosing the way of God shown us by the Spirit of God

When we are born again we are changed immediately and given the Holy Spirit of God to enable us to please God and to serve God.  It is the Holy Spirit who reminds of us scripture and concepts to show us what to do that we may please God.  

Before we were born again we pleased our own flesh.

Galatians 5:19-21  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft (trusting in superstitions), hatred, variance (to vary/debate), emulations (to compete against another), wrath (hold ill will against), strife, seditions, heresies,  envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So it is impossible to please God by our own thinking, unless we have the Spirit of God and are subduing our thoughts to HIM.

I Corinthians 2:14    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

After we are born again by the Spirit of God by the will of God, we are a new creature.

II Corinthians 5:17    Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Now we can serve God instead of serving our own flesh.  The power of God lives in us by the Holy Spirit so now we can know the will of God.  God has equipped us to go in HIS way and now we want to do right in the sight of God.

God's spirit shows us the will of God.

I Corinthians 2:10 ... for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Galatians 5:22-23     But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:

Our own flesh and devils still work together against God to take us another way.

But now we have the power of God to choose God's way.


*****