Thursday, August 9, 2018

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis


Book: Exhortations for the Church
Vol. 3, Chapter 4
Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


A Baptist woman said to me, "A Methodist cannot be a Christian."

Later I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that "even in Sardis" some were godly.

In Revelation 3:4 ... Jesus said even as bad as Sardis, there were still a few names who belong to HIM.

This encourages me to speak the Word even in those church groups where it seems there could be no Christians.

***

Revelation 3:1-5     And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith HE that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. 

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. 

If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. 

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with ME in white: for they are worthy.

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before MY Father, and before HIS angels.


***

We overcome by turning to God in prayer and by following The Word of God, rejecting all other worldly reasonings which are against the WORD.


*****

BOOK: Exhortations For The Church, Volume 3
Chapter 4

Joan Boney



E-book: $.99
Paperback: $7.99
(USA Prices)

Order from: Amazon.com

*****