Monday, August 13, 2018

THE WORD concerning what I wanted to do.


Pam Padgett ... Member of the Body of Christ

When I was about 30 years old, I was working at a bank. One day at work had been particularly hard for some reason.

After work as I got off the bus near my apartment, I was thinking of how much I wished I was married, thinking I would go home and tell my husband all about the day I had had, and he would hug me, and everything would be wonderful.

While thinking about this, the Holy Spirit brought to my attention the last part of 1 Corinthians 7:28 

... But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

Instead of making things easier for me as I imagined, there would actually be more trouble in the flesh if I was married. 

This was helpful to me that day to not feel sorry for myself.

However, I still continued wanting to marry. 

Most people marry, and to marry is something I had assumed I would do from the time I was a small child. 

But not all marry. 

Paul even says it is better not to marry:

I Corinthians 7:38    he that giveth in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth not in marriage doeth better.


*****