Thursday, August 9, 2018

Hope thou in God ... THE WORD!


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The Word, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit ... all in one.

When I see a scripture and God or Jesus or Holy Spirit, is mentioned, I think THE WORD.

Lately I have been reading the Psalms and each time I read God, or Lord, I make a note saying, "The Word," for that is correct.

Our help is in God, "The Word."

***

Psalm 42

1-2  As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after Thee (The Word), O God.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God (The Word):

***

5-6     hope thou in God (The Word): for I shall yet praise HIM (The Word) for the help of His countenance.

O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember Thee (The Word). 

***

8   Yet the Lord (The Word) will command His lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night His song (The Word) shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

***

11     Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? 

hope thou in God (The Word): 

for I shall yet praise Him (The Word), who is the health of my countenance, and my God (The Word).


***

Psalm 107:17-20    Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.
Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death.

Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and HE saveth them out of their distresses.

He sent His Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

***

Everything that pertains to God, to Jesus, to salvation, has to do with HIS Word that is given to us by HIS Spirit.

***

Stop and think of the last time God gave you The Word on a subject.

A woman in our church group, left The Word concerning following God … God's yoke is "easy" … and she went in a hard way, in the way of this world concerning a medical problem.

I was very discouraged when I read her report.  She has been with us for decades and one of the foundational teachings I have done since 1980 is concerning God's plan being "easy to be intreated," according to James 3:17.

In my dismay, I called on God for help.

I was so grieved.  I felt like giving up.

"Why should I continue to exhort the church when it obviously means so little to one among us?"

"God help me," I was crying out.

God did help me.  HE brought to my mind HIS Word,  which is my God.

Ephesians 4:8    When HE ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

11-12   And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

HE, JESUS, gave these gifts of the ministry to the church to edify the church in things of God.  Since the gifts are from HIM, from JESUS, how can we abandon HIS gifts?  To do such a thing because of the disobedience of a church person would be unthinkable!

After God reminded me of this truth, I greatly rejoiced in this Word, which delivered me from destruction of contrary thoughts.

Each of us who belong to God have examples where the Word has come to us to deliver us and as we believed that Word, we rejoiced in HIM (The Word) and freed ourselves by that Word which was brought to our memory by HIS Spirit.

What is the last Word God brought to you on an issue pertaining to your life?

*****