Friday, August 17, 2018

Scripture given by God enables us to do that which is against our own flesh.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

To be able to follow God, we often have to go against our own flesh.

Jesus said:  (Matthew 10:34-39) 

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 

(The minute we hear a word from the Spirit of God, that Word separates us from the ungodly.) 

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than ME is not worthy of ME: and he that loveth son or daughter more than ME is not worthy of ME.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after ME, is not worthy of ME.

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for MY sake shall find it.


*****

Matthew 16:18    upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The "rock" is that word God reveals to us by HIS Spirit.


The Word of God is great joy to me.  

In fighting a recent battle, God brought to my mind many scriptures to keep me on HIS highway.

I have put these scriptures into an email to myself so I would be able to review this compilation of scriptures often throughout the day.

There was a time when I recorded all the scriptures given during that specific battle and played the recording when I went to bed each night during that "war".

Rather than avoiding the word because of the perceived cost, I know that Word delivers me and is the only thing worth having.  Unless you know this, how can you survive with God?

The Word separates us from our own flesh.


*****

Matthew 7:13-14    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


The Word of God for us is freedom from sin.

And the Word of God is salvation from ourselves.


*****


Matthew 13:45-46    Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

*****