Monday, November 6, 2017

Supernatural faith and direction given by God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There are times we just know what we are to do.

This happened to me in October, 2017.

I had my teeth cleaned and doctor came in to examine my teeth.  He began speaking of a tooth which I had broken at the roots a few years before.  At the time that tooth was broken, he (dentist) told me he could pull the tooth or if I preferred I could just live with the tooth.  I decided at that time to live with the tooth.

But this time, he (dentist) told me he was concerned that tooth was going to infect the surrounding teeth and he would really like me to have the tooth pulled.

I told him I would consider it.

As the woman continued to clean my teeth, it seemed solid for me to know to go ahead and have the tooth pulled.  I made an appointment for the work to be done the following week.

This time I did not waver.  There were no second thoughts.  Mostly I didn't even think of it after I made that appointment.  It seemed so firm inside me that this was what I needed to do.

I believe God gave me a type of faith about this and this direction.

There is a spiritual gift of faith. 

I Corinthians 12:7-11    But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE will.


I believe that unusual faith comes upon us from time to time.

There is just no question as to what we must do when we have that moment of faith.  It is not something we have to work at as we sometimes do when we stand on a scripture, it is just there.

This type of faith came upon me shortly after I was born again.  A woman was suing me.  I heard, "Don't testify."  Everyone around me became upset at me because I would not testify against this woman.  But every time I prayed about it I heard, "Don't testify."  I did not testify and I won the case.

Looking back on it, I'm always amazed that I had the faith needed to obey what I heard.  I think it was a "special faith" in this situation... a spiritual gift of faith.  I Corinthians 12:9

The tooth situation seems to me to be a similar type of faith... a gift of faith in this specific issue.


*****


I had prayed that injection of pain killer would not hurt as much as I have been hurt before.

When the dentist was about to give me the injection, he apologized and mentioned this would prick a little.

I barely felt the injection at all this time.

I told the dentist maybe I should keep my eyes closed as he pulled the tooth, that I am not good with medical things.

He said that might be a good idea.

I felt nothing at all and was really surprised it was done so fast.

Dentist told me to take 2 ibuprofen as soon as I got home, not to wait until there was any pain.

I did that and even in the days following the tooth pulling, I had no pain.

It was truly amazing!


*****