Thursday, November 23, 2017

"I am a Christian."


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The greatest thing that can happen to us in the present life is to be born of the Spirit of God, to be born again.

Jesus said:  John 3:3   Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:5-8    Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born againThe wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.


*****

I was baptized in water when I was 15-years-old ... but I was not born again until God spoke to me by HIS Spirit and said to me:  "Joan ... you know these mistakes you've been making all these years.  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

"Sins!"  I shouted.  "I thought they were mistakes."

I was changed instantly ... born again ... given the Spirit of God to live in me.

Before this, had you asked me if I was a Christian, I would have said, "Yes."  I had been baptized in water. 

But my life did not change until I was born again by God, born of the Spirit. 

Before that, I didn't think much about Bible.

After that, Bible and church were all I cared about.

It was the greatest thing that ever happened to me in my entire life, and still is!

Shortly after I was born again, and knew the difference between joining a church and being born again by the Spirit of God, I was across from my apartment at a Quick Copy store.

A little old man came up to me and asked:  "Little lady, you didn't happen to park behind that green and gold car did you?"

I replied, "No sir."

He then said, "That's a Baylor car."  (Baylor is a Baptist University in Texas ... their school colors are green and gold.)

Then he said:  "You don't happen to be a Christian do you?"

With that, I was very excited!  and replied:  "As matter of fact, I am."

He then looked very down cast and said, "Oh heck!  I just joined the witnessing class at First Baptist Church and you are the first person I chose to witness to."  (He was disappointed that I am a Christian!)

This is witnessing by the flesh and not by the Spirit.

When the Spirit witnesses through us it is like throwing a rock into a pond of water.  Things happen without my trying to make them happen. 


*****


Romans 9:16    So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

I didn't know I was not a Christian, until I was born again.

I wanted to be a Christian because I didn't want to go to hell.  So I went forward at church and was baptized in water.  My life didn't change at all.

Then, many years later, I was born again by the will of God not by anything I did.  God simply revealed truth to me by HIS Spirit and I was born again, made into a new creature.


*****

Some people will say they are Baptist.  Other people quickly say they are Church of Christ.  One woman said to me, "I am a Catholic."  (Thinking back on it, she never said to me, "I am a Christian,"  the only thing that really counts!)

The apostle Paul says:

I Corinthians 3:1-7    And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.



*****


Hebrews 5:9-14    And being made perfect, HE (Jesus) became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him;

Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.


*****

Matthew 7:21-27     Jesus says: 

Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.


*****


So many men contact me saying they are ministers and begging me to send them money or Bibles. 

I do not send anything to them, for I believe many men do works of their own fleshly ideas without being told by God to do these things and I see no evidence when they write me of God calling them to do these works.

But if God really authored their works, God will reward them in the day of judgment.

If God did not author their works, Jesus will say this to them in the day of judgment.

"Depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."


*****