Sunday, November 19, 2017

Death cannot keep his prey ...


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In November, one of our little church group was taken captive by devils.

On November 10 ... God reminded me of following scripture ...

Genesis 14:10-12    And the vale of Siddim was full of slimepits; and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, and fell there; and they that remained fled to the mountain.  And they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their victuals, and went their way.
And they took Lot, Abram's brother's son, who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods, and departed.

I knew it was devils who had taken our church member captive that week.

I believe God was showing me she could not free herself this time, and that I needed to go get her, as Abraham got Lot.

I did that and she was restored to us.


*****


We cannot allow devils to win for to do so would deny Jesus' victory which HE bought during those 3 days in hell between death on the cross and the resurrection from the dead.

Jesus defeated those devils ...and the line in the hymn (Low in the grave HE lay) goes like this ...

Death cannot keep his prey
Jesus, my Savior!
HE tore the bars away
Jesus my Lord.

*****


I knew our church member had already been freed by Jesus 2000 years ago, and there was no way devils could be allowed to keep her as their prey.

She just had to be yanked out of their grasp... but the victory was already paid for by Jesus.

It reminds me of the following:

I Samuel 17:34-35

And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:
And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.


*****


Hymn:  Up from the grave He arose  

(Low in the grave He lay)

To hear this hymn played on piano and to see all the words of the verses, click on following and when hymn page comes on screen, click on the play symbol which looks like this:  >




*****