Sunday, November 26, 2017

Selecting a name for this ministry to which I am appointed by God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 1979, I closed my business to go into the ministry.

It was required by IRS (USA), that we select a name for the ministry.

I first named it Word of Life.  But when the office manager filed the required papers, that name was already taken by another ministry.

I selected another name.  It, too, had been taken by another ministry in Texas.  (In the state, only one ministry could have the name filed with IRS in that state.)

Then I began to pray:  "God ... please help me ... We need a name for the ministry."

Immediately I began hearing the following: 

"The name that is above all names ... the name that is above all names ..."

"OH, no!  Not that ... You want me to call the name 'JESUS' ... but that name offends many people."

So the name of the ministry was called:  "Jesus Ministries" 

The office manager said, "I'm sure that name will be already taken."

I was sure it would not be already taken in Texas.

The office manager filed that name with the state as non-profit corporation in Texas.

She came back to report to me. 

She was so surprised that no one in Texas was using the name, Jesus Ministries"


*****

Acts 4:12    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The Jewish rulers said:

17-18    But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.

And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.



*****

Philippians 2:5-10     Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;



*****

Later, I was a client of Michael Ellison Advertising Agency, for a brief time.

One of the first things the agency tried to get me to do was to change the name of the ministry.

I could not do that, for I was sure it was God who gave me the name for this ministry.


*****