Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Recognizing the wisdom that is from God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Sometimes we will think God has shown us to do something and when we start out to do what we think we've heard to do it seems insurmountable.

Pastors, especially from Indian and Africa, often contact me asking for money.  They list many works they are trying to do:  care for orphans, care for elderly people, build schools... and they especially list go into all the world and preach the gospel ... and they often quote Mk. 16:15 ...

And they tell me they don't have money to do everything they have a "vision" to do ...

And they want me to send them money ...

But what I have found is when God tells me to do something, the way is also there to accomplish that work ... the plan is there ... the money is there ... 

If it seems an impossible work and doors close every time I walk up to do what I think I have been told by God to do, then I question if that work is really authored by God.

Here are the characteristics of the wisdom that is from God.

James 3:17 ... But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Here are some examples of works authored by God which fit the above characteristics of "the wisdom that is from above."   

In January, 1980 ...  In the night, as I was sleeping, a trumpet like voice blasted 3 words into my ears:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS

Immediately, I jumped out of bed and wrote "KWJS" on a notepad.

I assumed "KWJS" to be call letters to either radio or TV.

I looked it up the next morning.  "KWJS" was Christian Radio Station in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex.

What did God want?  I asked God.  "Are YOU wanting me to go on radio? ... I wouldn't know how to do that... I'm not a speaker.  I'm a writer."

After saying this to God, immediately I had the following gentle thought:  "Call the radio station manager."

James 3:17 ... But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, 

Pure?  This didn't come from my own flesh because I'd never heard a "Christian" radio broadcast.  I had no previous desire to speak on radio.  

Peaceable?  Could I easily make phone call and speak with KWJS radio station manager?  I called and told secretary I would like to speak to the radio station manager and she connected me immediately with the radio station manager.

In some cases, you will think you are supposed to do something and you can't even get a phone number.  Or if you call, you can't speak to a person.  This is not peaceable nor easy to be intreated .. This might be fleshly wisdom and not wisdom from above when this happens.

Gentle?  When I said to God, "I wouldn't know how to do that" ... the instruction was gentle (not driving) ..."Call the radio station manager" ...

Driving and pushing feelings are often from the wrong spirit ...

Easy to be intreated ... In this case, there was no problem at all in speaking to radio station manager.  When I called, secretary put station manager on phone immediately.  I told him God might me showing me to go on radio.  I asked manager "how" to do that.  

Manager told me to make audition tape, 29 1/2 minutes long, and send it to him and if I fit their programming they would offer me a contract.

I asked how much it cost.  He said, "$800 a month for 30 minute / 5 day a week broadcast."

I had all the information I needed from the station manager.

Notice, I called station manager immediately, as soon as station opened after I was awakened with those 3 words. 

The longer you wait and speculate, the more tormented you are likely to become.  

Simple facts are very important.  Is the situation "feasible".

Recently in dealing with a book Pam Padgett and I have written concerning operating a Kindle tablet, I asked God "how are we going to get visibility to sell that book,"  and I heard "AARP" ... 

But is the word, "AARP", from God?

If that word was from God, somehow it will be "easy" to be intreated... easy to do ...

When we inquired concerning placing an advertisment in AARP publication, we were told it could be as much as $44,000.

Obviously that would not be a plan from God.

However, AARP has a "BOOK SHELF" in their website.  Members can see various books AARP thinks might be helpful to members.  

We have filed a form with AARP asking to be listed on that book shelf in their publications.

If they approve that, it is certainly "easy to be intreated" ... 

If they reject us, then we will likely walk away from the AARP plan for our book.

Thoughts after prayer can come from God ... but thoughts also come from our own flesh and devil. 

I know the AARP word was not from my own flesh because I was shocked when I heard this after I prayed.  My flesh never thinks of AARP.  That word came from either God or devil.  We are trying to find out which.

How will we know whether that word was from God or from devil?

First, we will pray, asking God if that word was from HIM ...

Second, we will see if the following happens:  James 3:17 ... pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated,  full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

At this point, we are still inquiring from AARP.  If the door opens in an easy way we will go through the door.  If the door, slams in our face, we will know we are going the wrong way.

==============

So pastors write to me wanting me to send them my money to pay for their "vision" ... The fact that they have asked me for money confirms to me that these either do not have a vision from God or else they don't have the way they should be going.

They are simply depending on other humans.  Their faith is in humans.

=============

So when you think God has shown you to do something, consider the following:

James 3 ...  14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.