Friday, April 22, 2016

Helped in dealing with physical problem

Barbara Preston ... member of body of Christ

I have arthritis in both knees.  Not long ago, my right knee started hurting very badly.  I have an elastic thing which is called a knee stabilizer.  I slip it over my foot and up around my knee and it helps to keep that knee in place and, in the past, has helped when I have been having  trouble with one of my knees.

But I hadn't used it in quite some time because I hadn't needed to.  But when my right knee flared up recently, I got it out and wore it for 2 maybe 3 days during the day.

One day the pain got so bad that I found myself frightened about the future...what if this pain doesn't go away or gets worse...how will I manage the stairs and how will I be able to walk and get around and do things...should we move?  All sorts of thoughts like this came to me.

As I was thinking about these things, I heard...Take no thought for the morrow.

When I heard this, I stopped and turned to God and talked to Him about these fears.  

A little later I was sitting in the living room and the pain became even worse.  Then the thought came to remove the knee stabilizer.

I did this and immediately the pain disappeared!  It was an amazing change.  What, in the past, had helped me... for some reason, this time, was causing the pain.

I believe it was God who gave me the thought to do this and was grateful to have His help showing me what to do.