Tuesday, April 19, 2016

If you take advantage of workmen

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Saturday my contractor called me to tell me the window ordered for my house had come in and he wanted to come over and install it.

I was delighted to have him do that.

After the window was installed and he got ready to leave he said, "We are not going to charge you anything for our labor today."

 I asked,  "Why not?"

He said, " Because it took us so long to get this window and to do this job."  I just stared at him for a minute and then I replied, "No, that's not right. I will pay you for your time. "

Later I thinking about this and I decided when I receive their bill I will check it and if no labor has been added to that bill I will add $200 for the time of the two workers and then an extra $50 because I asked him to fix a door on my closet that had come loose just this week.

So I settled it in my heart what I would do. Even if they don't charge for labor, I will pay for labor because I believe that's the right thing to do.

After I made this decision I realized that I had not read that Jeremiah passage printed on the blog that day and when I read verse 13 in Jeremiah 22, I began laughing, because it settled just exactly what I had already worked through and this passage confirmed the direction I had decided as the way of God.

You might want to look at that verse.

Jeremiah 22:13

Woe unto him that buildeth his house by unrighteousness,
and his chambers by wrong;

that useth his neighbour's service without wages,
and giveth him not for his work
;