Monday, October 17, 2022

πŸ’₯ Warning: Sexual Predators in Church Groups

 
(Comments by Joan Boney)

A warning to parents of sons and daughters.

Do not assume your children are safe from sexual predators at churches.

We know the scandal's at the Catholic Churches concerning priests who have had sex with young boys.  But I have also experienced sexual predators at several protestant churches where men in the congregation try to get me to have sex with them

πŸ’₯  When I was approximately 15 years old, the son of one of the elders at a Church of Christ invited me to go with him for hamburgers after a church service.  When we got in his car his real purpose became known very quickly. He wanted me to have sex.  I refused immediately knowing this would be the sin of fornication.  He told me it would be alright to do because he had brought a "rubber" and had it in his pocket.  I didn't know what a "rubber" was but I still knew sex outside of marriage was a sin and I refused and got out of his car.

πŸ’₯ When I was approximately 38 years old, I attended a church called Word of Faith in the Dallas area.  A man who attended our singles class and called himself a prophet, called me one day and invited me to go with him that night to a church service.  I accepted and after we returned to my apartment, I invited him to come in for coffee.  I was in the kitchen making coffee and when I returned to the living room he was standing there completely naked.  He tried to rape me but I pulled away from him and fled from my apartment with my car keys.  I got into my car and drove around the block and parked where he could not see me and I waited until he drove away.  Then I returned to my apartment and quickly locked the door.  He made no attempt to return.

πŸ’₯  When I was approximately 45, I moved to Clovis, New Mexico (USA).  One of the deacons at a Baptist church did some concrete work for me.  We were in my apartment talking about the planned concrete when he began saying how we needed sex and he tried to convince me to have sex with him.  He said to me,  "God knows we need sex."  (This man had a wife at that time and 3 children.) The Bible says: 1 Cor. 7:1-2  Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

After his proposition, I got a Bible and read the following scripture to him.

I Corinthians 6:9-10  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

After I read the Bible to him, he quickly left my house and I never saw this man again. I heard from other women at that church that he had tried to have sex with them also.  I wondered about the younger women at church.  They might not be able to get away from him for he was a deacon at that Baptist Church.

I should have turned this man into the elders at the church but I didn't know enough at that time to do so and also I was embarrassed that this had happened.

Later I saw this scripture telling us that at the time of sexual intercourse the two become one flesh.

I Corinthians 6:15-18  Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith HE, shall be one flesh.

(At the time of sexual intercourse the two become one flesh.)

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We expect to be safe at churches, but there are predators attending churches and some of the predators are the preachers, and even elders and deacons (the rulers)

Warn your children!  Even at church there could be an evil person who tries to approach them for sex. If so, encourage the young person to tell you, his parent, and you take it to the elders.  Such a man should not be allowed to roam at church drawing to himself his victims.

I Corinthians 5

1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

13 ... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯