Thursday, October 20, 2022

πŸ’₯ Abstain from all appearance of evil. (I Thess. 5:22)

 
After my mother died in 2001, I sold all properties where we were living and moved to Lubbock, Texas, where I proceeded to build a house.  I bought a small house to live in during the construction.  

A few months later, my contractor told me I could put the small house up for sale for the house under construction would be finished in July.  

So I did put the small house up for sale and it sold immediately.

But the other house was not completed.

At that time, I was engaged and we were planning to marry in September.  Howard said I could move into his apartment until then.

My cousins who were Church of Christ encouraged me to move into Howard's apartment.

I did not want to do this.  I turned to God in prayer asking Him what I should do and I was reminded of this scripture:

I Thessalonians 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And God gave me another plan:  The house that was under construction had a very large unfinished room upstairs near the mechanical room.  I asked contractor if he could finish this area to allow me to live there until downstairs construction was completed.  He said he could do that.  The room was completed within approximately one week.  We put a microwave in the closet and a small refrigerator.  I could wash dishes in the adjacent sink in the bathroom.  I lived there comfortably for the next two months.  

During that time, I said something to Howard and he broke up with me as a result.

Howard attended a Methodist Church, but I don't think he was a Christian.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯