Friday, July 31, 2020

* I Corinthians 2: The Holy Spirit knows the heart of God on the matter concerning us.


9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.



***

Comments by Joan Boney ... apostle & prophet of Jesus Christ according to Ephesians 4:11-12.

We see by I Corinthians 2, how the Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to know the will of God for us so HE can reveal to us what we are to do in this life.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth and speaks truth from God to us in the form of bringing thoughts to our minds.

HE might bring a scripture to mind or HE could bring a concept to our mind.

Regardless, the Holy Spirit shows us the will of God in the matter at hand.

But not all thoughts are from God.  Some thoughts come from our own fleshly preferences.  Some thoughts are from devils to destroy us if only we will choose to go in his way.

So Bible instructs us:  

I John 4:1    Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:

Usually thoughts from God bring concepts which are "easy to be intreated" ...  easy to do, not complex, and not terribly expensive, relatively speaking.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Matthew 11:30  Jesus says:  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

So if an idea is extremely difficult to do ... and very complex ... and highly expensive, I usually feel I do not have a plan from God, and I know to stop and pray again about that which I am trying to do.


***

Here are some examples of the Holy Spirit speaking to show what to do:

* A man went into his back yard and noticed his storage shed which held his "stuff", and he thought, "Maybe I should build another storage building to store my stuff."  

The thought came, "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?"

Wisdom from God!



***

* At 82 years of age, I had fallen several times and had broken bones and found it painful to ride in my 25-year-old car or in Pam Padgett's 17-year-old car.  I thought, "Maybe I should have the passenger seats of both cars re-upholstered."

The thought came, "Or you could just buy a new car."

That's right!  I could.  

The house in Texas sold in mid-May of 2020, and I had plenty of cash in bank to pay for a new car.  I had not thought of buying a new car until that thought came, which I judged to be the Holy Spirit showing me the will of God in this matter.



***

*  January, 2020 ... Pam Padgett awoke with the word "Podcast".  She reached for her Kindle tablet and looked up podcast even before she got out of bed.  

I had been praying about going back on radio at the time Pam heard this word.

Then God gave me a dream confirming "Podcast".

A podcast seemed much better to me than radio because of the following reasons:

- Podcast host cost $100 per year to go all over the world.  Radio is very expensive and only reaches the audience in a single broadcast area.

- Podcast is a library of broadcasts and the listener can select a single recording from the library and hear that broadcast any time he chooses.  Radio must be heard at the exact time of the single broadcast.

It was obvious to me that the Holy Spirit was showing me to record and broadcast Podcasts instead of trying to broadcast radio which I had done in 1980-84.



***

As you see, the Holy Spirit showing the will of God, gives a plan which is pure, peaceable, gentle, easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.

The devil often tries to drive us.

The Holy Spirit, in a gentle voice, leads us into the truth that is from God for us.


*****