Tuesday, July 21, 2020

* Protecting that assignment given to us by God.


Joan Boney ... apostle and prophet of Jesus Christ given to the church today according to Ephesians 4:11-12.

*****

Each of us are given assignments by God for this present time on earth.  We must know our assignment and protect our assignment.

I Corinthians 12

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased HIM.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church (to care for the church), first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.


***

We, who are set in the church to care for the church, must protect that assignment.

I am called by God and set in the church as an apostle and prophet with a spiritual gift of exhortation for the church.

Through the years, many things have come to discourage me and to try to stop me from doing my assignment.  I must not let that happen and I take strong measures to keep that from happening.

In my case, the following scriptures, have been used by God to keep me going in the path of the assignment given me by God.

Hebrews 3:13   But exhort one another daily,

Hebrews 10:25   exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

These two scriptures show me the path for me to take and keep me going in that way set for me by God.

***

There are people who would destroy the assignment I have been given by God as they try to present their own thinking, thus polluting that which God is showing me and trying to cause me to strive with them over their doctrines.

I see this as destruction of the ministry God has given me.

My position is to share that which God has given me with you ... not to enter into discussions with you over your opinions.

To do my job, I have to hear from God and report to you that which God shows me.

This means I have to keep myself free from opinions.  I often have to keep myself free from other church people who often want to discuss their thoughts.

The only thoughts that matter to me are those thoughts God has brought to me by HIS Spirit, and these I report to you diligently.

God has shown me that I must not read your explanations of what you are doing, but rather just present HIS Word to you. and let you work out your own salvation.

That is what I try to do.


*****