Sunday, April 9, 2017

BOOK: Psalms


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback


* Psalm 40


 I waited patiently for the Lord; and HE inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 

HE brought me up also out of an horrible pit,
out of the miry clay,
and set my feet upon A ROCK,

and established my goings.

And HE hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear,
and shall trust in the Lord.

*****

Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust,

and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
 

Many, O Lord my God, are THY wonderful works which THOU hast done, and THY thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto THEE: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

*****

Sacrifice and offering THOU didst not desire;
mine ears hast THOU opened:

burnt offering and sin offering
hast THOU not required.

(NT church ... Jesus is our sacrifice.)

*****

Then said I,
Lo, I come:
in the volume of the book it is written of ME,
I delight to do THY will, O MY God:


(Prophecy concerning Jesus giving HIS life, HIS own blood, for the sins of the church:  Heb. 10:7-9)

*****

yea, thy law is within my heart.
 

I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips,

O Lord, THOU knowest. I have not hid THY righteousness within my heart;


I have declared THY faithfulness and THY salvation: I have not concealed THY lovingkindness and THY truth from the great congregation.

*****

Withhold not THOU THY tender mercies from me, O Lord: let THY lovingkindness and THY truth continually preserve me.

For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
 

Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: O Lord, make haste to help me.

Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil. Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.

*****

Let all those that seek THEE rejoice
and be glad in THEE:

let such as love THY salvation say continually,
The Lord be magnified.
 

But I am poor and needy;
yet the Lord thinketh upon me: 

THOU art my help and my deliverer;
make no tarrying, O my God.