Monday, April 24, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback



Volume 5 ... #8
When you don't know what to do ...

 
James 1:5 ... If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.



*****

I often read Bible and don't know what a specific part of that scripture means.  I just say to God, "I don't know what this means." 

And at some point, usually God will give me understanding.  It may be immediate or it may be years but in HIS time, God shows me.  I don't go to other people and ask what they think it means.  It would be wrong to handle it this way.  I don't discuss it with other humans.  I ask God.  and wait ...


Here is an example of this: 

Paul says ... in the last days ... perilous times will come ... people will come having "a form of godliness" but "denying the power thereof" ... from such turn away.  (2Tim. 3)

What does this mean, "denying the power thereof"

One day, I was reading that scripture and God opened my eyes to see what it meant:  (a revelation)


They say they are Christians but when they "deny the power of the scriptures to rule over them" they deny the power of God ...


*****

I gave a Catholic woman this scripture:  Jesus said ... Mt. 23:9 ...And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

She thanked me for the message but remained in Catholic church, calling men "FATHER". 

By her actions, she "denied the power of the scripture to rule over her."  

Paul says, "from such turn away." ... just withdraw from such a person. 

(I didn't see to "withdraw" myself until later.) 

*****

James 1:5 ... If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

When we don't know what to do ... "ask God" ...

It doesn't say, "Ask your husband."

It doesn't say, "Ask your pastor." 

The scripture says:  "Ask God."  

God might answer you directly.  God might send another person to you to bring the answer.  God might have a woman ask her husband.  God might have you go to a minister.

The important point is:  You asked God first.  God will answer you and give you the information as HE wills.   

Learn to make this a way of life ... for it is truly life for us.