Wednesday, April 26, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback



Volume 5 ... #10
Every knee should bow to Jesus

 
Phil. 2:10-11 ... That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.



*****

The name of Jesus is THE WORD ...

At THE WORD we fall down, giving up our own way, doing THE WORD ... thus we bow our knee to THE WORD by doing THE WORD. 


*****

A man in our little church group filed divorced papers against his wife.  When I heard of this, I called him and asked:  "Was your wife committing fornication?"  He said, "No."  

Then I told him the only scriptural reason a man can divorce his wife was if she was committing fornication.

He looked at the scriptures on the subject and withdrew the divorce proceedings.

Mt. 5:32 ... Jesus says ...  32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mk. 10:11-12 ... Jesus says ...  And HE saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

I Cor. 7:10-11 ...  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

By withdrawing the divorce proceedings, this man showed Jesus, THE WORD, to be his Lord. 

*****

My mother was not born again and did not attend church.

All her life she enjoyed horoscope books.

Before I was born again, I had given her a set of coffee mugs with horoscope designs.  After I was born again, I was at her house and opened cabinet and saw those horoscope mugs.  I got garbage bag and began putting the mugs into bag.  My mother was watching me as I did this.  She became increasingly agitated at what she realized I was about to do.  Then she said, "What are you doing... I want to keep those ... You gave them to me ..."  (I didn't say a word.)  When bag was filled with the mugs, I went directly to garbage dumpster in alley and broke the mugs and threw them into dumpster.  I returned to the house and took Bible and began reading aloud the following to her from Bible. 

Deut. 18 ...  9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God. 14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

After I read this, my mother was silent for a moment ... Then she said:  "I guess we'd better not do that any more."  

She bowed her knee to The Word of God ... I'm sure she was born again at that moment.

*****

A woman in our little church group read a scripture to her son.  He replied, "That's so legalistic."

I was greatly troubled over this and I told God:  "I'm greatly troubled over this."

Immediately I was reminded of the following scripture: 

Mt. 7:  Jesus says ...  13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

"That's right", I said ... Rejoicing in the Word.

Later the woman's son, told his sister if Laura wanted to divorce him, she would have to pay for it because he didn't want a divorce.  This was exactly in line with the Bible which he had said was so legalistic.  Whether he knew it or not, he bowed his knee to the Word of God, changing from that which he planned and going according to what the Word of God said.

*****

I gave the following scripture to a Catholic woman by email.

Mt. 23:9 ...  Jesus said ... 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

After about 3 weeks, she sent email saying, "Thank you for the message."

But she didn't do the scripture.  She continued to attend Catholic church and continued to call those Catholic men "FATHER".

*****

II Tim. 3 ...  5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

When a person denies the power of the scripture to rule over himself, turn away from him.