Saturday, July 2, 2022

πŸ’₯ The Holy Spirit descended on Jesus and remained.

 
John 1

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30 This is HE of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for HE was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that HE should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon HIM.

33 And I knew HIM not: but HE that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on HIM, the same is HE which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

This is the way God gave John the Baptist to identify Jesus.  The Spirit would descend and remain upon the one who was the Son of God.

There are these 3:  God, Jesus, and The Holy Ghost

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 5:30  Jesus said:  I can of MINE own self do nothing: as I hear (from God), I judge: and MY judgment is just; because I seek not MINE own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent ME.

When I was born again in 1975, God showed me John 5:30 and put into my heart this truth:  Jesus could do nothing without hearing from God.  I can do nothing without hearing from God by the Spirit of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The Holy Spirit reveals things of God to each of us who belong to Jesus.

I know the Holy Spirit brings things of God to my mind so I can then know what to do according to the will of God.  I experience this often.  Therefore I have power then to act upon this earth when the Holy Spirit shows me what to do.

I also have power to witness when the Holy Spirit speaks to my mind.

Before Jesus ascended into heaven, He said to HIS disciples:

Acts 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After we are born again, we are sealed by God with the Holy Spirit of God.  

Ephesians 1

4 According as HE hath chosen us in HIM before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before HIM in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of HIS will, 6 To the praise of the glory of HIS grace, wherein HE hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In WHOM
 we have redemption through HIS blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of HIS grace;  8 Wherein HE hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of HIS will, according to HIS good pleasure which HE hath purposed in Himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times HE might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in HIM:

11In WHOM also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of HIM who worketh all things after the counsel of HIS own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of HIS glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In WHOM ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in WHOM also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The Holy Spirit lives in us.  When the Holy Spirit brings a scripture or concept to our mind, we speak.

I Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God took me to the following scripture to show me about the Holy Spirit in the believer.

I Corinthians 2

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and HIM crucified.

(Jesus gave up HIS own flesh to do the will of God.  Likewise we lay down our own will to do the will of God.)

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love HIM.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I kept this scripture before me and looked at it often daily during the early months that I was a Christian.  By this Word, I knew it was the Holy Spirit WHO revealed to us truth from God and thereby showed us the will of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And at some point, God showed me the Holy Spirit just simply brought to my mind scripture, concepts, and words from God to show me the truth.  And I learned to follow what HE called to my mind, speaking and doing those things.

John 14:26  Jesus says:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name,  HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

14 HE shall glorify ME: for HE shall receive of MINE, and shall shew it unto you.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And I learned not to try to speak anything and not to plan ahead.

I just stay in the Bible daily, renewing my thinking to the Word of God.

When I do the Word of God, that Word becomes part of me.  I live in that WORD doing it in my life.

And when I am with other persons, I speak as led by the Holy Spirit.  This means:  When the Holy Spirit brings something to my mind, scripture or concepts or dreams, I share these, speaking these things with those people for I know this is what God wants them to hear.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

By the Holy Spirit, I can know the will of God in the specific issue pertaining to this present life, even knowing the future sometimes.

ExampleDecember 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house to take me to hospital, I had the following information from God brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit:  "You'll never see this house again."

This information enabled me to put that house up for-sale while I was in the hospital.  And I moved directly to Colorado where God showed me to go without ever returning again to that house in Texas.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Jesus says:  HIS sheep know HIS voice and they will not follow the voice of strangers.

The devil tries to speak to us imitating God, but we know the voice of the Holy Spirit when HE speaks to us and we will not follow devils when we know the voice of Jesus.

John 10

1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.  2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Example:  Men from around the world often tell me they are "pastors" and ask me to send money to them.  I do not do this because I know if Jesus put them into the ministry HE provides for them and they wouldn't be begging other people for provision as they do.

David said:   
 
Psalms 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor HIS seed begging bread.

Sometimes I will have accusations come to my mind because I don't send these men money:  But the Holy Spirit said to me:  "The devil accuses the brethren day and night."  And by this word, I knew the accusation directed at me was a devil accusing me and trying to condemn me before God.  Devils working and speaking through men accused Jesus often when Jesus was on this earth in the form of a man.

Revelation 12

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of HIS Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

By the Holy Spirit I knew the truth of this matter.  It was a devil accusing me.  And the devil also accuses the brethren to us to try to cause trouble in the body of Christ.  But we who are exercised in godliness will not follow the voice of devils for we know the voice of devils and we flee from him.  (John 10:5)

The Holy Spirit is both the Spirit of Truth and the Comforter.  When HE shows us something we know the truth and are also Comforted.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯