Thursday, July 7, 2022

πŸ’₯ Sometimes I forget to pray.

 
Recently I was reading our blog and came to the following scripture:

Philippians 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

I consider myself to be non-political, neither Republican nor Democratic.  

But I was very troubled when I saw the crowd attack the capitol on January 6, 2021.

To me, this was an attempt to overthrow the government of the United States.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I have read many things about Adolph Hitler and have seen many documentaries concerning the way Hitler ruled Germany and the terrible things Hitler did to those persons who opposed him.

As I thought on these things recently, I was reading Philippians 4:6 and I realized I had never prayed about this:  So I began to pray, asking God to keep our democracy safe so long as I live on this earth so I can be free to share Bible without censorship and that we can live in peace.

But then I realized the time might come that God would set nations to be destroyed, so I added this to my prayer:  "Not my will, but THY will be done."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Concerning Donald Trump:  I did pray asking God to keep him from firing any nuclear weapons.

Concerning Joseph Biden:  I prayed, during the Russia/Ukraine problem, that he not lead us into a war.

And I have recently prayed for the January 6 Congressional Committee as they gather information and ask questions of witnesses.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯