Monday, May 10, 2021

* Book: Vol. 2 (Moses deals with Pharaoh)

In 2016, I began writing a series of ministry books on various subjects, which we published on Amazon, in both E-book and paperback.  For the next few weeks, we will show an example of the contents in each of these 18 books.  You might find these books helpful in reminding you of godly concepts used in following God.  The E-books are priced at 99-cents each in USA. Paperback books vary in prices according to the number of pages.  Free E-books are offered daily on selected books through Amazon.  At the end of this writing, you will find a link which takes you directly to Amazon if you choose to order this book. 
 
Joan Boney


 
Moses: The call of God  
 
 
Acts 7:22-35 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds. And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel. And seeing one of them suffer wrong, he defended him, and avenged him that was oppressed, and smote the Egyptian: For he supposed his brethren would have understood how that God by his hand would deliver them: but they understood not. 
 
And the next day he shewed himself unto them as they strove, and would have set them at one again, saying, Sirs, ye are brethren; why do ye wrong one to another? But he that did his neighbour wrong thrust him away, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge over us
 
Wilt thou kill me, as thou diddest the Egyptian yesterday? 
 
Then fled Moses at this saying, and was a stranger in the land of Midian, where he begat two sons. 
 
And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush. 
 
When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him, Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold. 
 
Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground. 
 
I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt. 
 
This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush. 
 
*** 
 
God simply put it into Moses heart that he, Moses, would be a deliverer to God's people. 
 
He knew. Long before it actually happened, Moses knew. 
 
And it is the same with us today. 
 
We know when God has appointed us to do a work. God just buries it into us, into our hearts and we know. 
 
The Holy Spirit shows us things to come. John 16:13 
 
Hebrews 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put MY laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to ME a people: 
 
When God does this, we know HIM. 
 
The others try to learn but we know, for we are born of God Himself, and not of the will of any man. 
 
*** 
 
The children of Israel were in Egypt. They had multiplied from the 70 men who came down to Egypt, and now there were more than 600,000 men of the children of Israel in Egypt, plus women and children.
 
When God called Abraham to be the father of many nations, God said to Abraham: 
 
Acts 7:6-7  That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years. 
 
And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve ME in this place. 
 
*** 
 
Exodus 3:1-10  Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. 
 
And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 
 
And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. 
 
And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. 
 
And he said, Here am I
 
And HE (God) said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. 
 
Moreover HE said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 
 
And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 
 
And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; 
 
And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
 
Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto ME: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. 
 
Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth MY people the children of Israel out of Egypt. 
 
***

Exodus 3:11  And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

We can imagine how shocked Moses was:  Who me, go to Pharaoh? ... and bring out the children of Israel? How can I do that? They won't listen to me. Who am I to do that?

It would be like us being told to go to the King of England or to the President of the United States.

Who me? How can I do that? 
 
*** 
 
On January 10, 1980, in the night, I was sleeping. A "voice", like a trumpet, blew 3 words into my ear: "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" 
 
I realized KWJS would likely be call letters to either a radio or a television station. I found something listing radio and TV and KWJS was listed as a radio station. 
 
I said to God: "Are YOU showing me to go on radio? I wouldn't know how to do that." 
 
Then, like Moses I began trying to reason why I could not do that.

I said to God: "I'm a writer, not a speaker."

But then I remembered how Moses tried to explain to God how he couldn't go to Pharaoh.

Then the following was brought to my mind, "Call the radio station manager."

I did that the same morning. I said to the station manager, "God might be showing me to go on radio. How would you do that?"

The station manager told me to send him an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and if I fit their broadcasting they would offer me a contract.

I had a tape recorder at my apartment, so I prayed, asking God what to record, I set my kitchen timer to 29 1/2 minutes, and began recording, starting with the first example brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit and recording example after example as the Holy Spirit brought such to my mind, filling the recording tape. (No editing. I don't know how to edit a tape.)

I mailed the tape immediately, that same morning.

Within about 3 days, I was broadcasting on KWJS.

Being reminded of Moses trying to reason away the instruction helped me a lot.

When God wants us to do something, HE will also show us the steps to take to do that which HE wants us to do. 
 
*** 
 
Exodus 3:12 
 
And HE (God) said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
 
That is really all that matters. If God told you to do something, the way will be made by God for you to do that which God has said to you. 
 
*** 
 
The spiritual gift you have been given makes a way for you in that which God has called you to do. 
 
An example: At the prayer group which I attended shortly after I was born again, the women were praying over something and I heard, "Look up." 
 
On the wall, I saw an outline of a body part. It was a stomach. 
 
After the women quit praying, I said: "Does anyone have a stomach problem?" 
 
A woman excitedly said, "I do!"  
 
I think she automatically felt the fact that the problem was identified meant she would be healed. 
 
This is the way God worked with me, and after that time I learned that there are spiritual gifts of word of knowledge and word of wisdom and frequently God would give me a word for our Bible class at the church I attended. 
 
The teacher of that class would always say, "Does anyone have a word from the Lord." 
 
By him saying this, the way was made for me to present that word which God had given me that day.
 
Later, after I was put on radio, I had "a way" to present other exhortations for the church, for I had also been given the spiritual gift of exhortation. Romans 12:8 
 
All we have to do is speak when that door has been opened by God. 
 
*** 
 
Exodus 3:13-18  And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 
 
And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and HE said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you. 
 
And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is MY name for ever, and this is MY memorial unto all generations. 
 
Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt: And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey. 
 
And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The Lord God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.
 
Exodus 3:19-20  And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand. 
 
And I will stretch out MY hand, and smite Egypt with all MY wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go. 
 
God tells Moses beforehand what will happen when he goes to pharaoh. 
 
Exodus 3:21-22  And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty. 
 
But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians. 
 
*** 
 
When the call of God is on your life, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, God will work it out for you to fulfill that call of God, regardless. 
 
One of my aunts was set by God, I believe, in my life as a "godly companion" to me. 
 
After I had been brought by God into the ministry to which I was called by God, I was visiting with that aunt, when the Holy Spirit said to me, "Tell her about being taken into heaven." 
 
I was very shocked! Certainly I didn't want to tell that to my aunt. 
 
This aunt was Church of Christ and they never mentioned supernatural religious experiences. 
 
Everyone but me was afraid of this aunt. I wasn't afraid of her ever, though I often heard my mother say to her sisters, "What will Ardath think?" 
 
Aunt Ardath was the gold standard among her sisters. 
 
But we were equals, and I knew this. 
 
I was not taken by my parents to any church. But I knew some scripture, and God had put some godly concepts into my heart long before I had a born again experience. 
 
One day, when I was in early elementary school, I said to Aunt Ardath, "Where is it in the Bible where it says, 'The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want.' ?" 
 
Also at this early time, God had shown me the evils of divorce and remarriage, although I did not know any scripture nor had I seen any scripture on that subject at that time. 
 
The Holy Spirit told me to tell this aunt about the times I was taken into heaven so I began telling her this story. 
 
It happened shortly after I was born again in 1975. I was asleep in the night when I was "transported" into heaven. I was with God, and with Christ Jesus, and with the Holy Spirit. (I saw no images. It was in the spirit, a spiritual experience.)  At that time, I was "merged" into the body of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.  I was made one with The Word of God. 
 
A few nights later, the exact same thing happened again. 
 
As I told my aunt this story, I noticed a type of "dreamy look" on her face. 
 
Then she said to me: "Something like that happened to me once ... and it was all golden." 
 
She wasn't like the other people. She was very different. Now I knew "why" she was so different. 
 
God was going to put me on the front lines of the spiritual situations of this present life. 
 
My aunt remained in the Church of Christ group all her life although she did tell me she knew things were wrong at "the" church. 
 
She never seemed to do anything "religious", but she was a companion to me, though we did not live in the same city. I did not discuss spiritual things with her until just before she died. She asked me what I thought happened when we die. I said, "We fall asleep." She replied, "That is what I think." 
 
I'm sure we both had a call of God on our lives and regardless of our situations, we likely performed as God called us to do. 
 
It doesn't matter if people say you can't be "that" or do "that"
 
When you are called by God you do what HE shows you to do. 
 
And God gives you the experiences with HIM which enable you to come into the calling. And God gives you the gifts of the Holy Spirit which you will need to perform that calling. 
 
God makes a way where there is no way. 
 
God makes mountains in the wilderness and rivers in the deserts. 
 
Proverbs 18:16  A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. 
 
Spiritual gifts given to the church by God: 
 
I Corinthians 12:4-11  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 
 
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 
 
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE (God) will. 
 
Romans 12:6-8  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. 
 
***

Exodus 4:1-9  And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared unto thee.

And the Lord said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.

And HE
(God) said, Cast it on the ground. And he (Moses) cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.

And the Lord said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:

That they may believe that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.


And the Lord said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.

And HE
(God) said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.

And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.


And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land. 
 
***  
 
God has HIS ways to establish you in the calling to which you have been called by HIM when there is a call of God on your life. 
 
Some are put into the church to care for the church. 
 
"Some", but not all persons. 
 
I Corinthians 12:27-30   Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 
 
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 
 
Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 
 
Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 
 
Not all in the church are these things but "some" are. 
 
If you are one who is set to operate as such, you don't have to hunt a way in a church, just go through the door, when one is opened. 
 
In my case, God showed me to go on radio in 1980. Then in a dream in 2012, God showed me to start a blog on Internet. Later, in approximately 2015, a door opened for me to write ministry books on Amazon. None of these things, radio or internet or publishing ministry books, had I thought of before God showed me these avenues whereby the spiritual gifts given to me could be brought forth to the church. 
 
***  
 
Exodus 4:10-18  And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 
 
And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord? 
 
Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. 
 
And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. 
 
And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and HE said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 
 
And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 
 
And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.  
 
Moses would be "as God" to Aaron.  
 
And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.  
 
(Moses gives up.)  
 
And Moses went and returned to Jethro his father in law, and said unto him, Let me go, I pray thee, and return unto my brethren which are in Egypt, and see whether they be yet alive. 
 
And Jethro said to Moses, Go in peace.
 
***  
 
Exodus 4:19-21  And the Lord said unto Moses in Midian, Go, return into Egypt: for all the men are dead which sought thy life.  
 
And Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them upon an ass, and he returned to the land of Egypt: and Moses took the rod of God in his hand. 
 
And the Lord said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go. 
 
God has several wonders which HE will perform in front of all the people, in front of the Egyptians and in front of the children of Israel. All will see God in HIS power by HIS works which HE will do.
 
Exodus 4:22-23  And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even MY firstborn:  
 
And I say unto thee, Let MY son go, that he may serve ME: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.  
 
 
*****