Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Helped by meditation scriptures podcasts, and an answer to prayer

 
Pam Padgett ... member of the body of Christ
 
This past Sunday night when I went to bed I turned on the podcast entitled "Meditation Scriptures: Promises from God".  

It was so wonderful and calming to think on the various promises God has given to us, HIS children.  

Before the podcast finished, I was asleep. 

 
***

Then about 4 AM, one of the dogs woke me, needing to go outside.  

When I returned to the bedroom, one of the cats made it clear she was hungry, so I fed her.  

By that time I was somewhat awake and began thinking of something that had happened that evening.

(This involves a missing bottle of my prescription eye drops.)

I had eye surgery last week and the eye doctor prescribed two eye drop prescriptions which I am to take 4 times a day.  

When getting ready to go upstairs to bed on Sunday, I noticed the small plastic container, where I keep the eye drop bottles, was on its side on the table where I keep them, and one of the bottles of eye drops was gone.  I suspected the dogs had knocked over the plastic container trying to get the tissue which I had also put in the container.

(They like to eat tissue and paper towels and then they throw up.) 

One of the dogs probably carried my eye drops away.
 
I looked everywhere I could think of, but couldn't find the bottle of eye drops. 

I recalled that several years ago one of my dogs, Gracie, had chewed on a bottle of this same type of eye drops and punctured the bottle.  I wasn't sure if she may have gotten some of the medicine in her mouth, so I called the vet poison control number.  They told me this shouldn't hurt her, so Sunday night it didn't concern me that the dogs may have chewed the bottle and gotten a little in their mouths.  

But early Monday morning, after letting the dogs go outside and feeding the cat again, I began thinking of the missing eye drop bottle and that it had a very hard plastic pink cap on it.  Surely the dogs wouldn't have eaten that hard pink cap.  The bottle had to be somewhere.  I was concerned that the dogs had punctured the bottle and I just hadn't found it, and that the cats may come upon it and lick the medicine.  The cats might be harmed by the medicine.  

(We have 2 dogs and 3 cats)

I turned to God, telling HIM that HE knows exactly where the bottle of eye drops is and asking God to please show me where the bottle of eye drops is so I could get it before the cats found it. 

(Jonah 2:10  And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.)

Not long after this prayer, one of my dogs, Gus, threw up.   

I got out of bed to clean it up.  While cleaning it up, I noticed pink and white plastic pieces in the vomit.  Gus had obviously eaten the entire bottle of eye drops, hard pink cap and all!

God certainly answered my prayer, showing me exactly where the eye drop bottle was.  

 
***
 
After all of this, by the time I went to bed again I was quite awake.  I again turned on the meditation scriptures recording and enjoyed so much listening to these scriptures and thinking about what we're told in them.  I listened to the entire podcast, then very easily went back to sleep.  

I'm so glad to have access to these recordings of meditation scriptures on the podcast.  

(It's especially helpful to me in the night to not need to have a light on to read scriptures, yet to be able to hear the scriptures and think about them.)  

***

I called the doctor's office Monday morning and left a message requesting a refill for the eye drops and I told them that my dog ate the eye drop bottle. The woman who returned the call said a refill for the eye drops had been sent to the pharmacy.  She was laughing about what had happened to the first bottle, obviously enjoying the story.

Also I called the vet to report what Gus had done.  They said just watch Gus and be sure he was eating and if he acted in an unusual way to call them.
 
Gus (the dog) is doing fine.

(And after putting a dose of the new prescription of the eye drops in my eyes, I now put the two bottles of medicine in a metal box where the animals can't get the bottles!)
 
 

Gus!
 
 
*****