Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Podcast: Meditation scriptures: Psalms of David (Selected recordings)

 

 
In the book of Psalms, we find many promises of God which are valid today for the New Testament church.

Many of these Psalms are prayers of David.

A compilation of these verses of scripture are recorded on this Podcast.


*****

Some of the Psalms recorded on this Podcast:

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in HIS law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.


***

Psalm 5

4 For Thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with Thee.

5 The foolish shall not stand in Thy sight: Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing (lies): the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

11 But let all those that put their trust in Thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because Thou defendest them: let them also that love Thy name (The Word) be joyful in Thee.

12 For Thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt Thou compass him as with a shield.


***

Psalm 7

9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

10 My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.

11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

12 If he turn not, HE will whet HIS sword; HE hath bent HIS bow, and made it ready.

13 HE hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; HE ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.

14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.

15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

16 His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.

***

Psalm 9

7 But the LORD shall endure for ever: HE hath prepared HIS throne for judgment.

8 And HE shall judge the world in righteousness, HE shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

10 And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee: for Thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.

11 Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people HIS doings.


19 Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in Thy sight.

20 Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men.

***

Psalm 12

6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, Thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

***

Psalm 13

5 But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation.

6 I will sing unto the LORD, because HE hath dealt bountifully with me.

***

Psalm 15

1 LORD, who shall abide in Thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in Thy holy hill?

2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

5 He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.


***

Psalm 16

5 The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot.

6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

8 I have set the LORD always before me: because HE is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 For Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption. (Jesus)

11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

***

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake. (The Word)

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦