Saturday, May 22, 2021

* The apostle Paul says: It is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

 

Comments by Joan Boney:

It is the will of God that causes us to be born again, and it is not of ourselves nor of the flesh of other men.

Only God can add us to the church.

We can't add ourselves to the church by going forward or by being baptized in water.

Romans 9:15-16  For HE saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

18  Therefore hath HE mercy on whom HE will have mercy, and whom HE will HE hardeneth.


***

When God reveals HIMSELF to us, God changes us instantly into a new creation, born of God, by the Holy Spirit of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It is not that we learn and then change.  It is that God changes us immediately.   After that, we continue to learn things of God but now we can see things of God because we have the Spirit of God leading us and God teaches us by HIS Spirit who dwells in us.

I Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

It is like in the case of Paul.

Acts 9:1-6   And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,  And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou ME?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

This was all of God and not by the will of Paul.

When we are born again, it is by the will of God and not by the will of ourselves or other men.  

God reveals HIMSELF to those chosen by God, the elect of God.


***

Jesus says:  John 3:6-7  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

If you have been changed by God into a new creation, you are born by the Spirit of God, born again.

If you have not had this experience, then only God can do that, so I recommend you cry out to God and beg HIM for mercy.

***

When I was 15-years-old, I went forward at the church my aunt attended, Church of Christ, and I was baptized in water because I did not want to go to hell.

My life did not change at all.  I didn't even know I was a sinner.

But when I was 37-years-old, God said to me by HIS Spirit:

"Joan ... you know all these mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

"SINS!" ... I thought they were mistakes.

I was instantly changed by God and given God's spirit to live in me to teach me and guide me.

John 14:26  Jesus says:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.


***

Later I was baptized a second time because I heard from the Holy Spirit these words:  "Be baptized."

As the minister lowered me into the water, the Holy Spirit said to me, "This is like being buried with Christ."

As I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said, "This is like being raised with Christ."


*****