Friday, December 18, 2020

Comforted by God in the death of my mother

Pam Padgett ... member of the body of Christ
 
Although we're affected when a family member or someone we know dies, God comforts us and helps us.  

My mom died a few days ago.  She was 88 years old and had been in poor health for quite a while. 
 
A great comfort to me is that there is strong evidence that my mom was born again before she died.  
 
Several months ago while talking with her on the telephone, she told me how much she was enjoying reading the Bible, telling me she was currently reading in the book of John.  

She seemed so different, delighting in the Bible instead of talking about what various people were doing as she had done in the past.  Since that time when talking with her on the telephone it was wonderful to hear the difference in her.  
 
I'm so glad that God chose to reach my mom and also for allowing me to see this. 
 
Then in late November, 2020, I was given a dream in which my mom was standing upright at a small table, dressed in a nice but modest dress, and calmly straightening what was on the table before her.  Some emergency medical techs (EMTs) came to put up some monitors.  I asked my mom if she saw the EMTs come in.  She replied that she had seen them but didn't know what they were doing there, and she calmly continued straightening up things on the table.  (dealing with her own life)

I believed by this dream God was showing me my mom was about to die but that she was in good condition spiritually.  
 
My mom, a widow, lived next door to my niece, Michelle, and her husband and young sons.  Michelle and her husband have been a great help to my mom, and my dad as well before he died 3 years ago.  

(No doubt God will greatly bless and reward Michelle and her family.)
 
A few days after having the dream about my mom, Michelle called to tell me that Mom's doctor had put her in hospice care.  They would simply try to keep Mom comfortable and not do anything else medically. 

This didn't come as a surprise to me, and I realized it was because of the dream I had been given and was very thankful to God.  

But I was concerned about Michelle and her family, knowing how close they are to my mom and that it would be a big adjustment for them when mom died.  So I asked God to please help them in some way.  

A few days later while thinking of how comforted I was by the dream I had been given about my mom, I "knew" that I should send this dream to Michelle, which I did.  I included a note saying that I believe the dream shows that Mom was about to die but was in good spiritual condition, and also told about the change I have seen in Mom over the past several months, born again.  I told Michelle this is all that is important.  

After putting the letter with the dream and note in the mailbox, I clearly heard "the God of all comfort" and found this in II Corinthians 1 ... 
 
II Corinthians 1:3-4   Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

This is exactly what God has done.  HE comforted me regarding my mom in letting me see her born again and also by the dream, and gave me the opportunity to comfort my niece and her husband with these things as well.  

Michelle received my letter and thanked me for it.  The following day my mom died.  
 
Michelle sent a text message to let me know Mom had died.  Although it was emotional for me to hear this, I was also so glad that Mom is no longer having to deal with this world and physical pains.  

I sent the following to Michelle ... 
 
Thanks for letting me know, Michelle.  So glad for Mom.  She will just sleep now until Jesus returns and raises the dead who are in Him.  (I Thessalonians 4)    Emotional and an adjustment for those of us still here, but God is able to help us even in this. 
 
I Thessalonians 4:13-18   But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.


I'm so grateful to God that my mom was born again before she died and that she will be raised when Jesus returns, and for the additional comfort HE has provided for me by giving me the dream about my mom, and for leading me to share these things with my niece. 


*****