Wednesday, December 9, 2020

* God gives us the desires of our hearts by changing our hearts.


(Joan Boney, apostle and prophet of Jesus Christ according to Ephesians 4:11-12)


I lived alone in a rather large house in Texas between the years of 2002-2018.


In mid-summer of 2018, I began to desire living in a smaller house where I could have one room with all my necessary things around me.


I also didn't want to continue living alone.


My heart was completely changed.


Then I had an accident where I fell at my house in Texas in early December of 2018.


As the ambulance workers were rolling me on a gurney past my front door to take me to hospital, I heard these words from God.  "You'll never see this house again."


I didn't care for my desire had changed.


One of our church members took me and my cat into her home in Colorado to live.  I had one room with all my stuff around me.  I was no longer alone.  This is exactly the way my desire was in my heart earlier in the preceding year.


In December 2020, Pam went to have some work done on the car.  She was away all afternoon.  I realized how glad I was that she would be returning to the house later that day.  I no longer wanted to live alone.


Sometimes God changes our desires to meet that which is coming in days ahead!  And when the change arrives, we are glad for it is now the desire of our heart because God caused it to be so.


*****