Wednesday, December 30, 2020

* Remember: God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.


Matthew 11   Jesus says:

28 Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take MY yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For MY yoke is easy, and MY burden is light.


***

Comments by Joan Boney:

If we are involved in something that is complex, difficult, demanding, expensive to do, we have yoked ourselves to a plan or a work not of God.

As a new Christian in 1975, God showed me this scripture in Matthew 11:30.  I saw that HIS way is very different from this world.

I learned this:  If the plan is complex and difficult to do, it is not God's yoke.  I know to stop and pray and wait until God shows me His plan which will be pure, simple, easy to be administered.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


*****