Wednesday, May 20, 2020

* Promises of God valid for the church today spoken by Isaiah the prophet.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There are several promises of God in the book of Isaiah the prophet which are still useful for the church today.

Isaiah 54

15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by ME: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. 

16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the Lord.

In 1977, I owned a small business, American Indian Arts, in Dallas, Texas.  A man filed a lawsuit against me and against several other art dealers.  

I hired a lawyer to represent me.  But the legal bills were devouring the profits from my business.

I was a new Christian at the time.  I saw the promise from God in Isaiah 54:17 and decided that lawsuit could not prosper against me since I was now a Christian.  So I decided to dismiss my attorney and go to court without any human legal counsel.  

It was a very trying experience for me and the case drug on for several months.

God sustained me through the time by calling various scripture to my attention to give me faith in HIM.

Six days before the trial was scheduled in the US Courts, the man dropped all charges against everyone.

I know this promise from God in Isaiah 54:17 is valid for us today.


***


God promises a "new Jerusalem" for HIS people:

Isaiah 65

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

God shows the apostle John this "new Jerusalem."

Revelations 21:

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


5 And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.

Also the apostle Peter spoke of this "new earth" in the following scripture.

II Peter 3;

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?


13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

This present earth as we know it will never be righteousness.  But the new heaven and new earth will have only righteousness in it.  We long for that new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

***

In the year 2002, I built a house in Lubbock, Texas.  The house went over budget and I didn't think I would be able to live in the house.

God called the following scripture, a promise from God, to my attention.

Isaiah 65

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.


23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them. 

I did live in that house from 2003 through 2018.  God did not allow this work to be removed from me.  

I know this to be another valid promise for the church today.


***

Isaiah 65

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Many times this has happened to me.


***

God announces salvation for the Gentiles.

Isaiah 65

1 I am sought of them that asked not for Me; I am found of them that sought Me not: I said, Behold Me, behold Me, unto a nation that was not called by MY name.


***

Isaiah 66

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with His chariots like a whirlwind, to render His anger with fury, and His rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by His sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before Me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

***

Isaiah 55

6 Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near:

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.

8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:


11 So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.


***

Isaiah speaks of the great tribulation of the end times:

Isaiah 54

10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

***


Isaiah 51

6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and My righteousness shall not be abolished.


*****