Thursday, May 28, 2020

* God sends His people into captivity for 70-years. And Jeremiah prophesies of the New Covenant God will make with HIS people.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jeremiah the prophet of God is sent to tell the king of Judah and the people of the captivity what is coming against them where they will be carried away in Babylon.

When they hear the word spoken by Jeremiah, they want to kill Jeremiah.

Though you kill the prophet, you cannot kill the word from God.

***

Jeremiah also brings the word from God telling them that there will be an end to the captivity after 70 years and God will build them again and return them again to Jerusalem.

But they will go into captivity for 70-years as God said to them through Jeremiah the prophet.

Other men rose up saying they were prophets but God did not send them.  

They fought against Jeremiah and said words opposite to Jeremiah, but they did go into captivity.

When a word comes to pass, you know it was a word from God.

***

Through Jeremiah, God prophesied the New Testament church and the covenant HE would give the church today.

Jeremiah 31

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people.


34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

We see this same statement of the New Covenent in the following:

Hebrews 8

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.


12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.


Hebrews 10

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.


23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)


***

And to each person God set in the church by Jesus, God gave to each the spirit of Jesus, the Holy Spirit, that the individual would be led in the ways of God by that Holy Spirit of Jesus.

By the Spirit of Jesus we, today, in the church enter into that New Covenant prophesied by Jeremiah the prophet.

Hebrews 1

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom HE hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also HE made the worlds;

***

Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

***

We pray and God leads us today by that word given to us by HIS Spirit.

I Corinthians 2

10 God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.


13 Which things also we speak,

***

Before the Holy Spirit was given to all in the church, Jesus told his disciples of the work the Holy Spirit would do when HE came to the church.

John 14:26    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

This the Holy Spirit in us does for each of us today.


*****