Tuesday, May 19, 2020

* Psalm 105:43; 45


And HE brought forth HIS people with joy, and HIS chosen with gladness:

45 That they might observe HIS statutes, and keep HIS laws.


***

(Comments by Joan Boney)

Each time God has moved me from one city to another during my lifetime, it has been with joy and gladness.

(Before HE moves me, that city that was once alive to me often goes "dead", and the hope and expectation of good is in the new city.)

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

And when I find changes in "assignments" or jobs, the same has occurred.  God leads me with joy and gladness, not with fear and dread.

John 10:10   Jesus says:  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


***

When an idea or plan is from God we see the following characteristics:

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

If there is any fear or dread, I pray, asking God to confirm the idea or to change my heart and mind to go in HIS way.

If the plan is very difficult and complicated, I know I do not  have the wisdom that is from God.  I stop and pray, asking God to help me to see clearly.

If the plan is very expensive and competitive, I do not believe I have the right plan so I pray and wait on God to show me His plan for me.

And if there is any falseness (hypocrisy) involved in the plan, I can know I do not have the way of God.

When there is honesty, joy, peace, excitement, I usually go forward in assurance that I am going in the will of God.

Often God will give me "a word" to give me confidence that HE has authored the way for me in the situation at hand.

Example:

* December 2018:  I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance workers were rolling me on a gurney past the front door of my house, I heard this in the form of a thought:  "You'll never see this house again."  I was sure that information was from God by His Spirit.  

A change was coming to my life.  I knew it was God authoring this change.  And because I knew it to be of God, I knew it would be good, for I belong to God.

I spent the next 2 1/2 months in rehabilitation hospitals in Texas. (I was 81 years old at that time.) 

And after that time, one of the members of the body of Christ took me, and my cat, from the rehabilitation hospital in Texas to her home to live in Colorado.  

She is a person I have viewed for several years and knew her to make godly decisions after prayer.  

The move worked wonderfully!

I'm not afraid of change when I have assurance that change is authored by God.


***


Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the Lord (the Word from God) with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge HIM
(pray), and HE shall direct thy paths.


7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.


*****