Tuesday, May 19, 2020

* Learn to trust God


Isaiah 41

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of MY righteousness.

11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.


12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.


***


Isaiah 41:17    When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.


***

Isaiah 41:20 That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the Lord hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.


***

Isaiah 41:29    Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind and confusion.

Why trust in humans?  Trust in God.

***

Isaiah 42  

8 I am the Lord: that is MY name: and MY glory will I not give to another, neither MY praise to graven images.

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.


***


Isaiah 42:12    Let them give glory unto the Lord, and declare His praise in the islands.


***


Isaiah 42

16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

17 They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.


***



Isaiah 43

1 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and HE that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine.

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.


***

Isaiah 43

10 Ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am HE:  before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.

11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside Me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are My witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.


13 Yea, before the day was I am He; and there is none that can deliver out of My hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

***

Isaiah 43

18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.


***
Isaiah 44

9 They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.

10 Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?


11 Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.


***

Isaiah 45:7    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.


***

Isaiah 45:16   They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.


***


Isaiah 45:19   I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.


***


Isaiah 45:22   Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

***


Isaiah 46

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like Me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure:


11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.


***


Isaiah 47

10 For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.

11 Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.

12 Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.


13 Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.

14 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame:


***

Isaiah 48:22   There is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked.


***


Isaiah 49

22 Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I will lift up Mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up My standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for ME.

25 But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.


***


Isaiah 50

7 For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

8 He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

9 Behold, the Lord God will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.


10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.




*****