Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The New Testament Church: Chapter 5 / Book available at amazon.com

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet



What We Are To Do When We Come Together As The Church


I Cor. 14 ... How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying. 

27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 

29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 

36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 

38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. 

39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. 

40 Let all things be done decently and in order.


The first point for the gathering of the church, is: when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation

The Holy Spirit was to be free to speak in the church as God wills through whom God wills. 

Instead, in most churches today, speaking is restricted to a few approved men. This was not the plan of God. Any person in the meeting having a word from the Spirit of God was to be free to give that word. Certainly that word would be judged, especially by the prophets in the church group. Nevertheless that word could come forth. In an attempt to control that which was spoken, church groups set themselves up by their own thinking so only a few on the platform were free to speak.

I have often visited church groups where the pastor spoke things that were incorrect and no one corrected pastor. After the service, in each case, I spoke with the pastor when there was error. But the other people seemed to sit there as dead people.

One shocking example occurred in a church I visited in Clovis, NM (USA). It was a Wednesday night gathering and about 200 people were in the congregation. The pastor began speaking. He said, "In John 8 ... when the woman who was taken in adultery was brought to Jesus, she was naked from the waist up." I was shocked. I grabbed my Bible and reread this scripture.

Jn. 8 ... Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. 

After the service, I talked with pastor about this teaching. I asked him where in Bible it says the woman was naked from waist up. Pastor replied, "Well ... I can't think of where it is just now." I said to pastor, "Would you please look it up and have your secretary call me and tell me where it is. It is very important to me." Pastor replied angrily with loud voice ... "Well all right. It's not in the Bible ... Where do you go to church (trying to accuse me.)"

At another service, at another church group, pastor was teaching from Genesis and he said Sarah and Hagar were half-sisters. Again I was shocked. When I asked pastor where that was in Bible, he became angry and finally said it was not in Bible. He tried to strike out against me.

In neither case did pastor repent of adding to the Word of God this way.

I have seen this type of thing many times as I have visited church groups. I never look for wrong doing but when it was there, I spoke to the person who taught incorrect things to the church group. I have never yet seen anyone who did this repent.  Nor did any pastor show any sign of shame over misuse of scripture.  I believe this is antichrist in the church.


Paul warned us of such in the last days. Paul said ... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. II Tim. 3

I believe Paul is speaking here of what would happen in the last days in the church. For Paul says it will have "a form of godliness" but denying the power thereof. They deny the power of the Holy Scripture and think nothing of misusing scripture and changing scripture and even deleting scripture. They have no real fear of God. For if we fear God we will not change scripture.


Consider the fearful consequences of adding to or taking away from the word of God as pertains to the prophecies of Revelation 22 … 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.


And Paul said for us to turn away from them when they seem godly but deny the power of God. (II Tim. 3) 

I just leave that group or person where there is no repentance.


There was a young man who came to my house to do a secular job. He began quoting scripture to me. I’ve never before met anyone who could quote more scripture. But as he quoted scripture, he would add things to that scripture which was not there. I began showing him what he said was not in that scripture. He didn’t object and he seemed to realize I was right, what he said was not in that scripture … but it didn’t seem to matter to him that what he was quoting as scripture was not correct. He showed no shame at all. He just thought it was a mistake. He might not even be born again. Before I was born again I was making what I thought to be “mistakes”. I was born again when the Holy Spirit said to me, “Joan … you know all those mistakes you’ve been making all these years? Those weren’t mistakes. Those were sins.”

“Sins.” I exclaimed. “I thought they were mistakes.”


But even before I was born again, I was afraid of scripture.

By my fear, I was acknowledging scripture had a power of God attached and was not to be dealt with lightly.

Concerning this young man who quoted all that scripture, he begged me to associate with him. He said he could be corrected. But if he would not correct himself and he thought so little of the Bible to add to it at will and take away at will and then feel no shame over what he did, he would simply end up draining me from the work God had given me and we would both go down. So I separated from him, knowing this from the Holy Spirit.


Do not deceive yourselves. The Holy Spirit explains to us as follows:

Lk. 16 … 19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)

(Available in e-book and paperback)