Friday, August 19, 2016

Having a "form" of godliness but denying the power


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


In II Tim. 3, Paul tells us about "the last days" and what to beware of for that time.

 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:from such turn away.


They will have a form of godliness, but they deny the power of the scriptures to rule over their lives.

Paul says when we see such, turn away from them.


Here is an example.  A Catholic woman would call me from week to week, asking me to go to lunch with her.  I did that for several months.  But this woman was full of superstitions of men.  Each time she brought forth a saying of superstition, I would say, "That's not in the Bible."  Showing her that I want to build my house on the Bible, not on fleshly, clever sayings of humans.

At one point, I went to Barnes and Noble book store and found a Catholic Bible and checked to see if the following scripture was in that Catholic Bible.

Mt. 23 ... Jesus said ... 8 But be not ye called Rabbi:for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth:for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters:for one is your Master, even Christ.

I was really amazed to see the Catholic's put verse 9 in their Bible because the Catholics call their "priests" (OT term), "FATHER".

I copied this scripture and sent it to this Catholic woman.

About 3 weeks later I received a note from her "thanking me".  But though she thanked me, this was just hypocrisy for she continued going to the Catholic church and she continued calling those priests "FATHER".

This woman denied the power of the scripture to rule over her.   She had a "form" of godliness in that she went to church ... but she would not allow the scriptures to rule over her.

In such cases, Paul says:  "From such turn away."

I did turn from this woman eventually.  Today, knowing the meaning of this scripture, I would turn from such a person as this woman immediately.

                                                             *****

Here is another example:

My mother enjoyed reading horoscopes.  When I was a child we would go to town and she would purchase a monthly horoscope book and read me my daily horoscope.


Before I was born again, I gave my mother a set of horoscope mugs.  One day my Church of Christ cousin and her mother (my favorite aunt) were at my mothers house.  My cousin saw those mugs and I noticed she pointed them out to my aunt.  I didn't know what this meant but I did know my cousin was shocked to see these at my mother's house.  My cousin and my aunt said nothing concerning the evil in the sight of God.

After I was born again, I was visiting my mother.  I opened the kitchen cabinet and there were those horoscope mugs.  I got a garbage bag and began putting the mugs into the bag.  My mother was watching me.  When she saw what I was about to do she became agitated and said:  "No ... what are you doing ... I want to keep those... You gave those to me."

I did not say a word to my mother.  I just kept putting the mugs into the garbage bag.  When the bag was filled, I took the mugs to the garbage, broke the mugs, and left them in the garbage.

I returned to the house, took a Bible, and read aloud the following to my mother:

Deut. 18 ...  9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord:and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God. 14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners:but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

After a few moments of silence, my mother said:  "Then I guess we'd better not do that any more." 

My mother allowed the scripture to rule over what she had been doing... I believe my mother was born again at that time.