Friday, August 12, 2016

God is our strength and help

Pam Padgett ... member of body of Christ

While reading in 2Timothy it stood out to me how God helped Paul, never forsaking Paul even when all others left ...

2 Timothy 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.


I was reminded of Jesus knowing that HE would be abandoned by men.  But Jesus also knew HE would not be alone because the Father was with HIM ...

John 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

The natural man looks to other people for support.  Much corruption and withholding of truth comes by trusting in other people for support.

But because we have been chosen by God, we are cared for by God, and HE will never leave us.  God helps us, strengthens us, and supports us as we do HIS will, even if others turn from us.  God is our hope and our help.

And God's help and support will never fail.

Hebrews 13:5 ...  for he (God) hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.