Thursday, May 26, 2016

When to pray / When to adjust

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Certainly we need to pray about everything but there are times we have prayed and God has given us necessary information on the subject.  Then we must remember to put the necessary information into our minds to help us know what we are doing.

One of our little church group was moving from Texas after her husband retired.  Questions:  Where should we move?  After praying this she was shown to move to Virginia.  They sold their house in Texas and moved to Virginia.

Shortly after moving, Barbara was given a dream showing they would be moving again.  She was given two more dreams during a period of a few years.  One dream showing her husband was about to faint.  Then another dream showed her husband did faint.

What these dreams were showing her is that they would be in this house and on this current property for a "season", then the season would change.  Basically her husband would reach the point when he would find it difficult to maintain the property, it would be too much for him.  He would get to point of collapse.  Then he would collapse.  But for a season it would work.

A few years passed and everything went well at the property.  After approximately 8 years, Barbara developed knee problems, arthritic.  Now she is having more pain and found when she tried to sit down on toilet seat she couldn't do it.  (I told her about some handicap bars sold by Moen for toilet seat.  She went on Internet to Amazon and ordered these to add them to toilets.)  This will greatly help her.  (Barbara is 70-years-old.)

She uses bathtub.  I told her she would probably have to switch to shower.  To do this she would need two things:  shower chair to allow her to sit down and hand held shower attachment.

When there is no need for such, you do not have to make these adjustments.  It is when the need appears, you need to be willing to make adjustments.

At her house all bedrooms and the full baths are upstairs.

Stairs are a problem for her.

This does not mean she will have to move from her house at this time.  There are manufacturers who sell electric stair lifts which attach to the wall beside the stairs.  She can look into having this added to allow her to painlessly go up and down stairs.  Financially this would be no problem for her.  In some cases in USA, medicare will cover some of the cost if you need such to allow you to continue in your home.

This is not the time for her to bring up the subject of moving to her husband.  Remember what God has shown her:  Her husband will get to point it will difficult for him to maintain the property.  Today he is able to maintain the property.  So unless God shows her to bring to her husband this subject of possibly moving, why trouble her husband.

Eccl. 3 ... 1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Keep that which God has shown you in mind.

Avoid speculation about tomorrow.

Work out today's problems.  Pray over things that might be a problem "tomorrow".

Keep it straight.

Each of us must do this.

At this point in my life (78-years-old), I have only one problem.  I must pray about this problem and take appropriate action as I feel God has led me.

My current problem has to do with the chairs in the room where I watch TV.  I'm having back pain when I sit for a few hours in these chairs.  The chairs are 12 years old.  I've replaced the cushions several times.  It may be time to purchase new chairs.

But before I purchase new chairs I need to pray and allow God to lead me.

Proverbs 3:

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes:


Common sense tells me to buy new chairs.  But is this really the best way to go?  So pray and trust God to direct my paths in this matter.  Don't trust in yourself (wise in your own eyes)

At this point in time, Barbara has everything she needs to function as-well-as she can at her house.  She purchased a cane for difficult times.  (These physical problems come and go.)  She put the cane beside her bed so she can use it when she needs it.

Her medical doctor is aware of the problem and has prescribed Celebrex to help with the pain.

The next time she is scheduled for doctor's appointment she can request handicap parking permit.

When she is able to go to grocery next time, she can begin using the electric carts provided by the grocery store and become accustomed to these carts.  (I use them each time I go to store and they really help my problems with walking and with pain I would have if I had to stand. For me, one of the most painful things would be to have to stand in line at check out.  The pain is less when I keep moving but to wait in line would be hard.  I do not have to stand when I use the electric cart.)

One of the most important things to learn about your body as you grow older is don't overdo.

After my accident in 2010, physical therapist told me to avoid overdoing.  He said many people will return home and push their bodies thinking it will make them stronger.  Often it makes things worse, not better.


Learn to make adjustments.  Your own body speaks to you.  Pay attention.  (especially as you get older)

The Bible tells us to expect 70 years ... You may live longer than 70 years, but realize 70 years is old according to Bible.  Pride in flesh often causes people to push on unwisely.  I believe what Bible says is wisdom.

Psalm 90 ... 10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; (70 years)and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years,
yet is their strength labour and sorrow;
for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. 


Some people, even medical people, don't realize these truths from Bible.  

It is up to each of us who believe in God to deal accordingly.  God might have us yield to word given us by a medical doctor.  Or God might lead us to reject an operation.  Usually doctor can help us live without pain (or with less pain) although he might not be able to correct the problem.

Pray.  Use wisdom given by God.  Use common sense.  Take responsibility for your own body through prayer and common sense.  

When I go to medical doctor, I often decline to have procedure doctor suggests.  For example:  Doctor said he would like me to have tetanus shot.  I declined.  

Doctor said he would like me to have a diphtheria shot.  I declined.  

Doctor asked me if I would like to have flu shot.  I declined.  

Current doctor mentioned blood work which I have declined for many years.  Doctor then said to me:  "Don't you want to see if you have cancer?"

I replied:  "I don't want to see if I have cancer."  (I'm 78-years-old.  I'm old.  Either I will die soon or Jesus will return.)

Doctor said:  "You don't."  (sort of bewildered by my answer)

But I understand what Bible says to expect.  This doctor doesn't seem to know Bible.  I didn't share Bible with this doctor.

This past winter I had sinus problem and did go to doctor.  He gave me some medicine which helped (not cured).  I was grateful for this help.

I have constant pain from dead cells in left leg where doctor did operation in 2010.  I know this cannot be cured.  I have learned to live with it.  At night I often have to sleep in chair (recliner) for a few hours.  Then in middle of night I will awaken and the pain has gone and I move back to my bed and am usually fine for remainder of night.

Learning what does work for you is important.  

Be responsible for your own body and your own decisions which are hopefully made prayerfully.